Chapter 43

It was in the middle of the night when Malee was already sleeping, and Kimmon had taken Copter and Tee to stay at the hotel, at least that was what Elena had thoughts, that Chakan had opened his eyes, and Elena was fast attending to him. "Dad, you awake? Dad, it's me, Elena." Kimmon and everyone else were all relieving a relief sigh hearing the doctor telling them that the surgery was successful and it will take time for him to wakes up that Kimmon decided to brought Copter and Tee with Kittee to rest at the hotel.

Kimmon had wanted them to stay until Chakan was stable enough so he could go back to Chiang Rai together with them, and leaving Elena to tend to her father. Elena agreed to his decision since her father would take a while to get better.

Chakan would just give his daughter a small smile and a nod. Elena then was hugging her dad on the bed while crying. "Why are you scaring me this much you old geezer. You should be more careful if you want to see your own grandchild. I just got married you know." Chakan was laughing happily at his daughter's action. Surely they had a fight a lot, but that doesn't mean his daughter wouldn't love him, and he knew that much. He was rubbing her daughter's back up and down until she gets up, tearing the hugs.

"Where is your stepmother?" Chakan was asking making Elena pouting to the way where the couches were since she was sleeping right there. "Dad, did you told her about Copter?" Elena couldn't help but ask since her research subject was supposed to be a secret. Chakan was frowning. "Did she say anything? No, of course, I don't tell her if it's work-related. How did she know?"

Elena was shrugged her shoulder. "Anyway, dad, Auntie Achara drop by today. She said her schedule was clear this week, so she will come again tomorrow. You know Itthipat, Kimmon's friend? He turns out to be her son, what a coincidence." Chakan wouldn't even giving her any reaction making Elena agape.

"Dad, you knew. You knew?" Elena's reaction was making Chakan smiling wider. "Of course you knew. You were her doctor." Said Elena dejectedly. "Dad, you were not hating Copter and his son, do you?" Elena then asked her father, making Chakan taking in deep breath.

"Tell Kimmon to bring all his friends here tomorrow. There's something I want to say, no, I have to say. You better have some sleep now, you look awful." Elena was smiling before she took a place to sleep on another couch. She send the messages to her husband telling him her father's request, though she wonders what was the things her father wanted to say to Kimmon's friends.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next morning, Kimmon had going out earlier before breakfast so he could take some clothes and foods for Elena and having breakfast together while the others were having breakfast in Tae's and Itthipat's house.

"Daddy heard our Kittee learnt to skate last night, really?" Copter was asking Kittee while Kittee had taking his seat beside his daddy. Hearing his daddy's question, Kittee had turn to Copter excitedly and was answering him right away with his signal language.

"Yes, daddy. I fall on my butt a few times, but most of the times, Papa Tee had hold me before I was falling. Next time, let's go there together, daddy." Hearing Kittee, Copter was frowning yet in happily way when Kittee refers to Tee as Papa Tee. "Papa Tee?"

Kittee then nodding his head excitedly. "Papa Tee said I should call him Papa Tee so that I don't compare him with Uncle Kim again. He said he loves me like his son, just like daddy loves me, and that he could sleep hug and kissed daddy too."

Hearing Kittee, Copter's face turn red making Tae and Itthipat frowning, while Tee would giggling. He could understand a little what KIttee was saying while Tae and Itthipat didn't have any idea. "Cop, what's wrong, are you okay?" Itthipat would ask.

"Kit prince, you don't say things like that to anyone else okay. Only to me and Papa Tee, you understand me?" Kittee was smiling then focused on his food. "Tee, you stupid." Mumbling the words, Copter was focused on his food later. Tee then leaning to his ear, and whisper, "I love you." making him cringe and was leaning weirdly lower to his food on the table with a red face that has spread to his neck.

Understanding what actually happened, Tae and Itthipat was smiling while shaking their head. It feels great to see those two being lovey-dovey again. Things will only get better from now on.

Or.... Maybe not?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All of them had gathered in Chakan's wardroom, taking a seat on the chair around Chakan's hospital bed. Chakan was sitting on his bed, since he wasn't strong enough to move around, he asked the staff of the hospital to provide them more chairs so that they could sit around his bed. It was Friday, so Tae and Itthipat had taking a leave for the day.

They were all wondering, what kind of things could this old man, supposedly Elena's father, would have to tell all of them? But still, they respect this guy and he was one of the successful internationally hospital directors, and they think it wasn't bad to follow his request. Besides, they get to hang out together after they were finished here anyway, so in a way, it was a good thing too.

"Thank you for all of you, still coming here even though I know every single one of you was wondering what this is all about. In a way, I thought, I should just forgot about this and let you all going on with your lives as it is. I was contemplating quite a long time, should I or should I not? But when I myself was having an accident and was facing near death situation, only then I understand how important the request of my late friend was."

Chakan was studied the face of all the young man in front of him, and his gaze was stopped finally on the youngest and innocent one. His heart clench by the sight, and he turned away.

"It's a story of my late friend. He was happy, yes, he was happy at some point. He has a beautiful wife which was finally getting pregnant, even to a twin. He did everything his wife asked for, he even put up with all the strange mood a pregnant woman could have, and that is while smiling. That's how happy he was. His wife was already on her 38th week when he had to go an emergency outstation, outskirt of the city. He didn't want to, really, he didn't want to leave his wife alone, but then his wife telling him to go and to not worry. She will called me right away, and she had someone who could help her too.

Reluctantly, he left for outstation, and the very next day, his wife gone into labor. The babies were so small and weak, that they both had to stay in an incubator. However, we thought the twin was actually a pair, but instead, it was two boys, un-identical twin."

Chakan then take in deep breath and was looking straight at Itthipat, then continued. "It was the story of your family and you, Itthipat." Hearing his name, Itthipat was standing with wide eyes, while everyone else would covering their mouth, shocked.

Right after that, the door of the ward room had opened making everyone turn to that direction almost simultaneously and the person at the door was shouting, "What do you think you are doing?!"

End of Chapter 43