9. The Call

AARON'S POV:

After that day I never met her again. It's been a month. I don't want to go into her life when she doesn't want me there. As usual Damon and Emily are giving me updates about her. Dad has not been feeling well these lately. The doctors said he had been suffering a lot. His body is resisting all the medications. He is in comatose.

They asked us to take the decision. He will survive only if he is on the life support. It is hard for us to make that decision. Mom has been crying day in and day out. Finally mom made a decision and she asked the doctor to take him out from the life support.

As Damon says Mia is busy with her recording. So we didn't tell her about dad. But this news is all over the news. Mia's dad came to visit us and left soon saying he has some works. Later in the evening  Mia and her mom came to visit us. She looks so perfect. Mom is in her room. She stays there for most of the time. Aunt Liz greets me and she goes to meet mom. Mia sits in the couch beside Emily. I am sitting on the couch before them. She comforts Emily. Em has been so depressed. She lost the love of her life and now she lost her father. It is hard for her to cope up with her life. I am trying to stay strong for them. Aiden, Damon and Emily are class mates. But I have been friends with Aiden and Damon. They act like I am their little brother.

I was so engrossed in the thoughts that I didn't notice the presence of her beside me. She smells like vanilla. She takes my hand and run circles with her thumb. How can such a small gesture make me weak. Em is nowhere in the room. Maybe she wants to give us some time. She looks at me worried. I hug her and try tonstay strong. She just caresses my back. I stay like that for what feels like hours. She feels like home to me. I slowly pull back and hold her hand. I took care that everyone around her are the people I know. From her manager to her bodyguard. I know Claire, Suzy and Dylan. I trust them with her. 

For sometime we speak to each other. She tells me about her songs , recordings and how Claire, Suzy, Dylan are taking care of her. She tells me that Suzy has a big crush on Dylan. I laugh to that. She tells me about her daily routine and keep listening. I love the way she comforts me. I can smile only when she is around. "D I have to go. I have some post recording works. Mom will stay for some more time. I'll see you soon" it's been days that she called me D. I don't know what it means but I always love it. Emily comes into the living room. Mia gets up and hugs her and waves bye to us. "Shall I drive you to the studio." I ask her wanting to say yes. "No problem. Dylan is coming." she says and turns around. "No he's not" I say she turns towards me and just smiles. "No you are not coming." with that she leaves.

After a week Dylan called me to ask if I am coming to Mia's concert. I said him I would but I will not be meeting Mia. She may not like the idea of me being there. I just stand in the crowd distantly so that she wouldn't see me. She is so perfect on the stage. She sings her heart out. Though she is nervous she is happy. When the MC says that she is going to have dinner with the first 10 lucky winners, she is as excited as them. When I was going back home I saw her father there. I am so happy that he finally decided to support his daughter.

On the day of the dinner when Dylan told me that Claire has gone to meet her grandparents and Suzy has some works so they wouldn't be going with her. Dylan said he will be watching over her. Later at mid-night I call him to ask about the dinner. Something is not right about this. I have been feeling uncomfortable. "How did the dinner go?" I ask him as soon as he picks up the phone. But he stays silent. My heart is beating so fast. What if something happened to her? What if she is in trouble. I shouldn't have trusted them. "Dylan speak" I shout. I can sense his fear. He knows me very well. "She is missing. Her phone fell on the  ground so we can't track her. I got a phone call saying that someone is acting weird and that he is doubtful. So I went to check on him and by the time I came she's not here" he says with heavy breathing. I just cut the call and call Klaus my secretary. After Dad died I took over his position.

It took us 10 days to find her location. Someone named Emma sent us the location. I immediately went there. I know that person. He has been an enemy to my Dad from the very first. But what did he have to do with Mia. I immediately go there with some of my men. She is lying there with bruises.  I can't hold my anger anymore. His men are marching towards us. But my men are stronger than them. I order them to shoot and go to Mia. I untie her from the chair and lift her. I tell my men to not to kill that man and I tell them to just lock them in my basement.

I ask Mason to drive us home. I am still holding her in my arms. "Aaron " her voice is almost like a soft whisper and she is whimpering in pain. I kiss her forehead and head to the house.