40. The Information..

He left notes for me everywhere. I just keep the note in my pocket. Klaus stays silent for the most of the time. The thing Aaron told me about Klaus is still at the back of my mind. If Klaus doesn't get a daily update about a thing or a person, he would forget about that. I look at him over my shoulder. His eyes keep flickering. 

"What's wrong?" I ask turning towards him. Something is bothering him or he is trying hard to remember something. "He told me something before he left to Switzerland. He told he was gong there to kill someone. He told me his name, but I don't remember it. I seriously can't" he says holding the steering so hard. His knuckles turned white. I can understand his pain. He is feeling guilty for nothing. He has nothing to do with this. If Aaron really wanted me to know, he would have told me. 

"It's okay Klaus. We can still find him, if you don't remember." I say caressing his arm. He relaxes a bit, but I can sense his pulse under my palm. It is very high. I don't know if it is normal for him or not, but he needs to cool down.

"Let's have some ice-cream" I say when I spot the parlor Aaron took me last time. He does what I say. We both get down the car and get into the parlor. It is always calm and pleasant here. Julia greets with a pleasant smile and then she hugs me. Aaron means soo much to her. I don't know how she is taking the information.  She pulls off and gives me a weak smile.

"I will get your order Mia" she says returning to her counter. "I want his favorite" I say and sit in the corner. Klaus orders his and comes and sits before me. He keeps looking at the floor. "Do you like Evelyn?" I ask him trying to break the silence. The corners of his mouth turn up when I ask that question. He just looks at me and then smiles. I got the answer. 

He tells about how close he is to Aaron, the business modules, the stocks and the shares. Aaron holds 55% of the company shares and Em holds 25% of the shares. Klaus knows about the Summers well. "Mia I remember Aaron telling me his name. It starts with A" he shouts over his voice. Julia turns to us from her counter with a raised eyebrow. He is happy to get this simple part.

As we were about to leave, my phone starts vibrating. I see Damon's name flash on the screen. I pick it up. "Hello baby doll. We have some information" he says on the phone. I usher Klaus to start the car and say my byes to Julia. 

We immediately rush to Damon's place.

We all sit in his living room couch. I have been here many times when I was younger. There are some pics of Aaron and Aiden in the room. Looking at them makes me weak, but I have to control.

"The killer was in Switzerland last week. Aaron knew about this and he went there to kill him. Now the killer, he is here in LA. There is an old factory on the outskirts. He always visits that place. Aaron asked his men to follow the killer. They did that, but they never knew who the killer was" Damon speaks. The thought of the killer is just boiling me from inside. 

"Mia, it's your call. Do you want to go there and get him, or wait and watch" Damon asks me. Everyone in the room look eager to know my answer. It is clear. "We will finish him" I say getting up from the couch and leaving the room with all the boys in the room following me. I leave some men and Klaus to take care of Evelyn and Claire. While some are with Em and aunt Lisa.

I am not taking chances with the killer. He is a psychopath and I can't let another person die. We stop by the house to get guns for Damon and Dylan. They are not yet used to carry guns with them. Dylan is driving the car and Stephen is in the passenger seat while I am sitting in the back seat with Damon beside me. They all keep looking at me from time to time. I maintain a neutral expression.

The 30 min drive from home to here felt like a century for me. Some of Aaron's men, no no ,my men. Your men. I keep saying to me. They followed us in another car. We check for the surroundings. The place is quiet and silent. It is biting cold outside. We stay in the car observing the building. I looks like an abandoned one. There is just a small light coming from the window on the top floor.

We don't know how many are there inside and what he has inside. I can't take risk and let someone die now. But staying in place is not helping. The killer is just a few meters away from me and I am not doing anything. 

I look at the street. There is just one light on the street and it is continuously blinking. There is a car at the end of the street. I ask the boys to sit in the car and get down. I walk slowly making sure I don't give any hints to the killer and his men.

The car is in the corner, and it is scary. The cool breeze is touching my skin, but I am not able to feel it. The coldness of my heart is overcoming it. This place seems familiar, but I can't remember anything exactly. I slowly approach the car and look into it. 

It is dark, so I am not able to see anything clearly. Just then a loud sound erupts from behind me. I run to my car and look at the building. The sound is surely from there. Everyone are as confused as me. My men get down from the car after they see me. 

I motion them to stay back and I approach the gate slowly. I get in and go to the door. I was thinking of shooting the door lock but the door knob turns just in time.

I move aside and stand in darkness. I stay put in my place and stay silent. The door opens and a man comes out limping. 

I load the gun and aim at him. The faint light from the street lamp illuminates his face. 

"Dad." I say putting the gun back in my pocket and approaching him. He looks at me surprised.