57. The Mornings

By the time I wake up, Aaron isn't beside me. So I fresh up and go downstairs. All these days I have missed him cook for me. As I wished for he is downstairs making delicious breakfast for me. Anna and Brendan are in the living room watching tv. 

I go silently and hug from the back. He holds my hand with one and with the other he continues cooking. The smell itself is making me full. He sets the table and lifts me up and settles me on the counter.

He leans forward and I think he is going to kiss me, but he takes the glass behind me and goes to the freezer. I sit there pouting.

He goes and sits at the table, while I am still sitting on the counter. I get up with a grunt. I go to the table fill my plate and was about to leave, but he pulls me back and makes me sit on his lap. "You ain't feeding me?" he asks tucking my hair back. He pulls my hair back and places kisses down my bare back. 

"Anna-" I was about to speak but he stops me mid-sentence by placing his finger on my lips. "Are you expecting people to stay with an empty stomach till you get up" he asks pushing a strawberry into my mouth. I pout and turn away to look at something other than him. Early morning Aaron has a lot of affect on me. His scent hits my nostrils making it difficult for me to concentrate on the food. 

The last few months, I haven't eaten properly, so I am not in a position to eat more now. But he made Pancakes for me. His pancakes are the best. "Seems like you didn't like the pancakes" he says pulling me back from my thoughts. "Noo I love them. But actually not having an appetite" I say leaning more into him. 

"Ok then, it's time for us to leave. Go and change. I put a dress on your bed" he says clearing the table. I get up and look at him confused. If we are going tp meet my mother, this dress would be perfect. "We are holding the ceremony today" he says and I look at him more confused. "Your mom insisted" he says looking into my eyes this time. I just nod and go upstairs to change. By the time I come down, Aaron is fully dressed in his all black suit. 

"Loving what you see" he asks cocking his head to side. I look away and shake my head. Actually I am, but he don't need to know that. He is already full of ego and I can't boost it by telling what he needs.

"Just don't cry after we go there" he says when we are in the car. I nod and look outside. "Umm, let's get pixie back when we return" I say still looking outside. "Okay sweetheart" he says rubbing his hand on my thigh.

"Look at me" he says pulling my chin to him. "I can't stand seeing you cry. So for my sake, don't cry" he says wiping the tears that are about to come down. 

"You always make me do that. Last time while you were going, you made me do a promise and I had to hold all my emotions inside me for 4 months" I say looking at him. He rubs his forehead to mine and starts the car.

"How did your days go when I am not around?" he asks me. I turn to look at him. He is stable and looks happy. "Umm not too bad and not too good. It had been difficult for me to cry, coz I promised you and difficult for me to smile coz you weren't there" I say holding his free hand. He intertwines our fingers and kisses my hand. 

"So how did you deal with all those?" he asks still holding my hand. "It has been difficult at the start, but they eventually got used to me and they started liking me. I had like 4 women as company in the group of 50 heads" I say looking at his perfect face which is being hit by the sun rays.

"Aaron, I want to sing again. I don't want to give upon Aiden's dream. It was his last wish and I don't want to leave it like this" I say trying to analyze his expression. He stays silent for sometime and then nods. "As you wish my dear sweetheart" he says and picks up his phone and texts someone.

All my family and friends are here. I am happy to see mom today. She's been strong and holding it up well. I was so worried about her. I haven't seen my granny in a long time. She wipes her tears away and hugs me when I go near her.

"Happy to see you Mia. And you too Aaron" she says and kisses him on the cheek. She always loved me and Aaron being together. When someone used to say that I and Aaron won't fit together, she would be the first person to beat them to death. Grandpa died when I was young, but she stayed strong all these years. "You to Jess" he says pulling her cheeks.

They both have always been soo close to each other. "I don't know how to feel about this. Should be sad for losing my only son or should I be happy coz the person who killed my husband died" she says looking down.

What?? Aaron looks at me with the same confusion I have on my face. We both look at my grandma puzzled. 

"Your father" she says putting a finger on me "Killed your grandfather"