45. The Voice Note

I went to Em's house to bring Pixie with me. I left a note for her. I am happy that both Em and Damon are together now.  She is moving on with her life and I am happy for that. Damon would be the best husband and he would be the best dad to Ethan. 

The meeting with my therapist made me open up. But everything went in vain. I can't control my emotions. But shooting has become a habit to me to show my emotions. I shoot when someone says Aaron is dead, I shoot when one of my friends tell that they found their love, I shoot when I find someone disloyal, I shoot for every fucking emotion of mine. And I find myself killing people when I can't get what I want from them. I surely became a demon to kill the demons he left behind for me and search for the answers he couldn't find or the answers he couldn't tell me.

All this is soo much for me to take and recently I had to talk to the FBI. They had their doubts on everything and I had to prove my innocence and I had to save everything. I can't let everything and everyone to go down in vain. When I made the statement to the press about the killer, I know that the FBI will come searching for me and the answers. And that's what I wanted. A diversion. A diversion for the killer to not to get involved in killing anyone.

There is no sign of the killer or his men near the building that burnt to flames or even at home when I am with my parents. I am getting along with them these days. 

I pulled the car infront of the large gates that look like they are waiting to welcome me. The statues on both the sides of the pillars look in vain just like me and I just push the gates open to get. I haven't been here for months I guess. I need to be here. Pixie follows me jumping. And I love having her around. But she keeps bringing his memories back to me. The day I found her, the day he told me how he felt about me, the day he was worried about me everything. She brings back his memories back to me.

"Hello Brother. I kept the promise I made to you. You asked me to take care of her and make her happy. And I kept my word. She is with Damon now. And you know what Ethan, your son looks just like you and Aaron. He has Aaron's eyes and your smile. And this is Pixie. My memory of Aaron. He left it behind as his memory." I say picking up Pixie to Aiden's grave. 

He left a voice note for me the day he died. And I still remember them. It's been an year and I still miss him. BABY DOLL JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND LOOK AFTER EMILY. MAKE SURE SHE STAYS HAPPY. I LOVE YOU. TAKE CARE OF MOM. DON'T BELIEVE DAA.._____________

It went blank after that. He wanted us to be happy after he left. He wanted her to be happy without him. He wanted mom to be happy. Even now, my tears don't come out. Pixie licks my face. I put it on the ground and put the flowers I bought on Aiden's grave. I feel a bit relaxed after visiting this place.

There's one grave that catches my eye. And feels so out of place. I don't know but something about it isn't right. It is far away from all the others. But I could see it from far. 

I could hear some faint voices as I approached it. It looks old but neat. Everything about it feels wrong. Upon close look I find a weird pattern on it. I run my fingers over the grave and just the pattern in embossed. The pattern feels similar. This isn't the first time I am seeing this. I try to remember, but couldn't remember anything. My thoughts are being clouded by other thoughts. There are some faint voices coming from it. 

There is a door on the back side of it. I motioned Pixie to stay out and opened the door. There is a door leading to the basement. But it's been locked. The only pattern I could think of is the one on the grave and it helped. The door opened and the interior looked excellent. If this wasn't a place in the graveyard, it would have surely bought more attention.

The room is filled with blood smell. The smell is making me dizzy and I feel like throwing up. But I am getting used to it by now. I just move around the room and find no one in the room. I move towards the voices. The voices are becoming louder as I go nearer. I put my hand around the cold metal on my back. I need it now. I load it before opening the last room door. 

But something on the wall catches my eye. There is a chart of all the heads and then the Summers family tree. There is even a blue-print of the house on the table before it. Whoever is here, has got some kind of acquaintance with the family.

I approach the door slowly and try to hear what the people inside are speaking. There are like 7 people inside I guess. Everything about their voices and the place is familiar. The pattern, the voices, the carpets, the walls and the interior. I surely know all these. I can't make out what they are speaking, but something about the position from the words I heard.

I don't know why I am still standing here to get what they are speaking. But I have to go in to know who they are. I hear some foot steps from the other side. I look towards the other door and 2 guards are coming this way. I put the silencer on the tip of the gun and shoot the first guard. The second one is taken aback in shock and I shoot him. Both fall to ground and thanks to the fluffy carpet beneath them. 

I opened the door with a bang and entered the room. The lighting in the room is dull and making it difficult for me to see who. I look around the room and find 7 people as I expected. One particular person is hiding behind everyone and the others are covering him. When I meet his gaze, I can sense familiarity. I know these eyes. I know this person. He is the killer, but there is some other familiarity. He soon vanishes into the door behind him and the door closes.

"Hello Mia. We weren't expecting you here" a person says from the corner and I know who this is. "Same I wasn't expecting you here Henry" I say aiming the gun at him.