21. Together??

Later in the evening  Claire came to visit Stephen. I forgot to tell Aaron about them. And I don't think he would mind having her here. Stephen was still sleeping when Claire came. She sat beside him on the bed just watching him breathe. I am worried about him. 

I stay with Claire in the room while she sits beside Stephen. Aaron drops by to check on Stephen. Though his expression is neutral I know that he is hurt. I go with Aaron leaving Claire with Stephen. They need time. He will be happy to see her when he wakes. It's already been a day and he didn't wake up and Danny's condition is worse. I didn't get to know who the real killer is and how he broke into the house.

"How did he get into the house?" I ask him while walking beside him in the hallway. We didn't speak to each other since yesterday.

"I don't know Mia. I am checking on it. He broke the security system and then he disabled the cameras." I know he would be worried but I couldn't do anything. He kept looking down and not meeting my gaze. He is trying to avoid me again. No not again. I need him.

He takes long strides so I am behind him. He is walking fast. I hold his wrist and pull him back. He is startled by me. But still he doesn't look at me. 

"D it's okay. Nothing is going to happen to Stephen and Danny. They will be okay. And I am okay. Nothing happened to me. And you know what I had a gun with me yesterday. But didn't get a chance to use it" I pout while telling him these words. He chuckles hard. I want him to be like that. He intertwines his fingers with mine and he pulls me to the kitchen.

Emma is nowhere to be found. I didn't see her yesterday. I thought she went out on work. 
"D where is Emma?" I ask him. He is searching for something in the freezer. He doesn't answer my question. May be he didn't listen.

"D Emma is not here since yesterday. Is she on leave?" I ask him putting my hand on his shoulder. He tenses under my touch. I chuckle at him. I have the same effect on him like he has on me. Why have I been ignoring him and avoiding him? Have I ever stopped loving him? I always regretted the day when I told him no when he asked me to marry him.

He turns me around so I am against the freezer and he is infront of me just a few inches away from me. He place his hands on both sides of me. I am locked. His eyes scan my whole body. He looks like he is going to kiss me. I really want to kiss him. But the last time we kissed was when he was drunk. That was my first kiss.  He puts an arm on my lower back and pulls me closer. Just an inch and our lips would meet.

Someone clears there throat making us jump in place. Why ???? I look past him and Claire stands there smirking mockingly. My cheeks turn hot red. Aaron keeps looking at me. He doesn't move and he doesn't let me move. He holds me tight not letting me move. I watch at Claire's expression. She surely is enjoying the sight. 

"Leave me D. We can continue this later if you want" I say and push him back to make space. This little space is making me breathless. He moves back and smiles. He kisses my forehead and leaves the room.

I don't know why but I kept my hand on my forehead and just didn't move it. His touch is all I want. He, his touch, his smile and his love is everything I need.

Claire keeps on smirking at me. I just ignore her. "Stop blushing baby doll. You are looking like an apple" she says and nudges my elbow. 

"The concert is on Sunday Mia. You said you planned a surprise for fans. Won't you tell me what it is?" Claire aske me sitting on the edge of the bed. She bought my dress that I am going to wear for the concert. This time I selected my dress. And they let me do that for once in my life. Dylan and Damon said they would come meet for the dinner today. So I asked Claire to stay. I called Suzy, Evelyn and Olivia to come too. 

Aaron went out. Don't know where. Previously Stephen used to give me updates about Aaron's whereabouts. But now god knows where he is going or what he is involving himself into. Since Emma is not home, I made the dinner. When I was young I used to tell my mom that I am never going to cook. But on the day Aaron is leaving abroad I had to bake cookies for him. He loved them soo much. So I learned cooking and made it a practice. Whenever he used to come home for vacation I used to cook something or the other for him. And he used to feel happy when I cooked for him.

Thinking about the past , I remember how we used to be with each other. Me, Em , Aiden, Damon and Aaron are soo close to each other. We used to act like real couples. They are all older than me. So I have always been treated like a baby. They never let me do anything. Aiden ,Em  and Damon are  10 years older than me. And Aaron is 5 years older than me. 

Mom used to say that Aaron was always by me from the day I was born. And they told me that he used to cry a lot if they don't let him near me. 

"What's making you smile sweetheart?" I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice him coming. He reaches the tray infront of me to take the sausages. His breath is dawdling on my neck. It is sending chills down my spine. He places his head into the crook of my neck. And he nuzzles it. With one hand I play with his hair and my other hand is on his hand which around my waist.

We slowly pull apart so that the others don't notice us. They are busy mocking each other. Ollie liked Dylan from long back. They are getting along well with each other. Damon helped Stephen to the dining table. Claire sat beside Stephen. They are becoming inseparable. I sit beside Aaron. He is looking soo cute in white. All these days I have been seeing him only in black.

Everyone are enjoying their food while I am staring at him. He is enjoying the food. He drops his hand down and it brushes my bare knee. I can sense his tension. I am wearing shorts. He looks at me for some time and then he looks away. He finishes his food fast and leaves. I don't know what is wrong with him again. I follow him to his room. 

There is awkward silence between us. I don't know what to speak to him. I don't know what to ask. I was about to open my mouth to speak "Leave Mia. And to your question about Emma I killed her. Because she was the one helping the killer. Now just leave" he shouts and that makes me startled. Everyone come running to see what's wrong with us.

I just pushed them away and went to my room to get my sweatshirt. I need some fresh air. I need time. I need time to think, time to heal. 

The cool breeze brushes my lower body as it is uncovered. I just keep walking and walking till my legs hurt. I am happy that none followed me. There are many trees in the backyard. I remember Stephen telling me that there is a cabin in there. I head towards it.