nineteen

__________

He never loved me

__________

Kitioma Hadlee

          "Oh, look who's here!" Another voice says.

I turn around.

Gabriela. Of course. With her, three other girls. A blonde girl with caked makeup, another blonde girl with heavy acne, and a girl with black hair and a nasty smirk.

"Awe, girls, look, she's wearing her ex's jacket. Hung up much?" Gabriela says, and the other three girls snicker.

I grin, slip off the jacket, and take out my wand. "Confringo." The jacket bursts into flames, the fire engulfing the jacket until it is completely reduced to ashes. I give the girls, who have stunned looks on their faces, a smile. "Better?"

Blondie #1 scoffs. "You just set a jacket on fire, that's not impressive." Blondie #2 nods, agreeing with her.

"Oh, ok. Would you like me to do it to you next?" I turn my wand onto the girls, and they yelp, scrambling away. Marlene slaps my wand out of my hand, and it clatters to the floor.

"Kiki! You can't just light a student on fire!" The girls nod vigorously, agreeing with Marlene.

"Well, you kinda can, just pick up your wand and-" Marlene gives me a look. "Oh right, I forgot you were a prefect. Oh well. Lighting their hair on fire in their sleep it is." She gives me another look and all the girls but Gabby gulp nervously. "Ok, ok, I won't do anything horrible."

Much.

"Ha! We all knew you weren't going to do anything, you little Gryffindor coward," Gabby sneers, and I turn my head slowly around to her with a tight smile on my face.

"Ok, bitch, you better run-"

Marlene grabs my arms and prevents me from bitch-slapping that hoe until she's black and blue. "Kiki. Chill."

I wrench my arms away from hers and scoff, brushing my t-shirt off dramatically. "I'm-"

"An idiot?" Gabby interrupts, smirking smugly. "Yeah, we know."

"We? So those girls around you aren't made out of makeup that you hexed to life?" I pick up y wand and scowl suspiciously at them. "Seems pretty cakey to me, I dunno. You sure you have friends, Gabby?"

Gabby's friends stare at me in shock and Gabby frowns. "You know what, Hadlee?"

"What, Harrison? I'm done with your shit, make it quick," I reply, picking at my nails absentmindedly.

"Duel. Today. In thirty minutes at the quidditch fields."

I look her up and down, snort, and roll my eyes. "Against you? You would never win." She doesn't respond. "Winnings are...?"

"If you win, I won't ever talk to you again and neither will my friends or anyone acquainted with me. If I win," She pauses.

"Spit it out," I sneer. "Don't be pausing for dramatic effect, you probably want a pony or something stupid."

"Remember that guy?" She asks. "Tom? Tom Riddle? The guy you kissed?" My heart starts to sink. What is she onto?

"Yeah...why...?"

"Well, we heard from someone that you're fucking around with him. So here's-"

"That- wha- hold up. I'm not 'fucking around with him'. He kissed me a few times out of anger, he has a thing for doing that, and I kissed him a few times to save my god-damn life! Sure, it got a little out of hand...once. One time. Just once. Who even told you that?!"