twenty

__________

My head hurt whenever I would talk to him because he was smart and I was not

__________

Kitioma Hadlee

           "What was that?! Why did you let her do that?!" I hear a voice that is faintly recognisable. I open my eyes, which feel heavy and swollen.

"It was a duel! I can't exactly stop a duel!"

Two voices are arguing, whispering in harsh tones. One brings dread, the other is Marlene.

"Just hex that other girl and drag her out, are you an idiot?! She could have been killed with that crucio curse!"

"We all know you're going to kill her anyways," I hear Marlene sneer.

Go Marlene! Verbally beat Riddle's ass!

"What?! I'm protecting her."

"You're protecting her from what? Nightmares? Oh no, a big scary nightmare! Better protect her, Tom!"

Hmm...I think...white roses for the funeral? With blue satin? Yes, that should work. I hear something break and have to hold in a laugh. Anger issues strikes again

"Don't talk to me like that," I hear him growl. I snort, the giggle slipping out, and the two teens turn towards me.

"Oops. Sorry. It's just funny when he talks like that," I say through a laugh. "It's like he's going to murder you, you would think that, but then..." I sigh. "He slams you up against a wall and chokes you. Honestly, Riddle, stop bullying the walls."

His face stays calm. How the hell- how- oh. It's because we're in front of people so he has to put on his 'good gir- boy' facade. But Marlene already knows, so why is he being weird?

"You do know he was asking about you, right? I was just quoting what you said to see if he would spill, and he didn't..." Marlene says. "Kiki, are you sure you're being entire truthful?"

My eyes narrow and my lips press together. I give a hard, cold glare to Tom. He doesn't do anything but give me a blank look. "Nope. I lied. The entire thing. Because I have a huge crush on Tom and I wanted to get his attention."

Marlene gives me a weird look and even Tom shoots me a glare. "Uh...not what I was expecting. I'm sure the other girls won't like that, though."

"What-"

"Excuse me, but do they think I lost?" Marlene nods. "It wasn't my fault she used fucking crucio on me!"

"Hold on," Tom says. "One, why won't the other girls like whatever you said, and two, she used an unforgivable curse for some stupid duel?"

"One," I reply. "Because the bet was if I lost then I would have to date you because their hopes are that you would murder me if I tried asking you out." Tom gives me a what the actual fuck look and I roll my eyes. "Two, yes. But before, I did use stupify on her. And I'd do it again bop bop!"

Marlene gives me a weird look. "Your American slang is so weird. Anyways-"

"You mean to tell me those girls bet on her having to date me?" Tom interrupts, and Marlene nods. "Marlene, leave."

"Um, alright," She says, and I shoot her a panicked look.

You dumbass don't leave, he's going to hurt me for agreeing!

The medical wing's doors shut loudly. The only thing I can hear is my heartbeat echoing in my ears.

"Can you walk?"

I shrug. "I mean, just got hit with crucio, my body hurts like hell, might as well try and make it worse!"

Tom rolls his eyes, walks over to my hospital bed, and takes out his wand. I really do think today is he day I'm going to die, but he simply mutters, "Episkey." Warmth floods over my body and suddenly, my arms aren't aching anymore, my legs feel like they can support weight.

"Why didn't they just do that to me before?"

"The wounds were to harsh. Now get up."

"So harsh," I mutter, but get out of the bed, my Gryffindor sweater and jeans wrinkled. Tom grabs my wrist and pulls me along somewhere, where, I don't know. "Hey! Loosen your grip you abominable shit troll!"

He doesn't respond, only making his grip on my wrist tighter. "You seriously bet on me dating you?" He asks once we're out of the hospital wing.

"Well," I start to say. "Gabriela made me. It was that or look weak in front of that asshat."

"You didn't even get my consent?"

"You would have said no! And I wasn't planning on losing, anyways," I cross my arms. "She cheated. I should have won. And now-"

"Kiki?" A voice says. Tom and I both glance to our right, and there stands Kane, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Oh hi!" I say nervously, hoping either he'll help me escape Tom or he'll leave so he doesn't get hurt.

"Who's this?" Tom sneers.

"Her-"

"Boyfriend!" I break in. "He's my boyfriend." I shoot Kane a subtle look. He seems to understand and nods.

"Yep. Her boyfriend."

Tom glances back and forth between the two of us, his eyebrows contorting into confusion. "And when was this? Before or after you fucked me?"

Kane's face goes a light shade of pink. I realise that this is the time to use Tom acting differently in front of people to my advantage. I reach up and pat him daintily on the cheek. "Jealous looks bad on you, Tommy. Now I'm going to go with my boyfriend over here."

I skip off, grab Kane's hand, and lead him away, leaving Tom in the hallway with a blank expression on his face.

"Oh thank you so much, Kane," I breathe out a sigh of relief when we are out of earshot. He shrugs.

"Sure. Who was that, anyways?"

"Oh, one of my ex's." The lies keep building and building. "He's still a bit...jealous. Anyways, why were you in the hallway?"

"I was coming to check on you, actually," He rubs the back of his neck, a slight pink on his cheeks.

"Awe, cute. Well, I got to go-"

"Did you mean it? Like, the boyfriend thing?"

I shift uncomfortably. "Did you want it to mean something?"

"I mean, I only met you a couple of hours ago, I might be moving to fast or whatever, but you're...a nice girl, to put it lightly," He sighs. "I guess what I mean is...I wouldn't mind if it did? I know that sounds super weird, since I just met you, and-"

I smile and laugh, cutting him off. He looks like a bad boy, but he seems like a cinnamon roll. "Cool. Want to hang out more often, then? I mean, I can't exactly start dating you now, because yes, that is to fast, but it won't hurt hanging out more."

He grins. "Cool."

"But," I pause before turning around. "Stay away from Tom. He's not the best news."

"Isn't he the Head Boy? I've seen him around, he seems pretty...I dunno, people in Slytherin look up to him. He seems pretty chill, but I guess not. I'll keep that in mind. See you, Gryffindor."

I laugh at the stupid, un-creative nickname. It's cute, though. Better than 'pRiNcEsS'. "See you, Slytherin."

__________

:)