thirty nine

_____________

His smile, which I rarely saw

_____________

Kitioma Hadlee

        Three wands are raised in my direction, all pointed straight at my heart.

One, Gabriela, wearing a filthy smirk.

Two, Stephan, who tries to look confident, but fails miserably.

And three...Tom, who still keeps the same fucking monotone mask over his face. Only his eyes show emotion, and the emotion?

He doesn't want to kill me.

Tom Marvolo Riddle, mass murderer, serial killer, sociopath, doesn't want to kill a little girl. But it's not out of love, he just doesn't want to let me slip through his fingers once again. I've been running around his feet all year, and this is his moment to capture me, for the cat to finally trap the mouse.

My demon refuses.

"When is it going to end?" Gabriela sneers, but her voice sounds more and more desperate. "I've been going through this for months, putting up a mask-"

"Oh shut it," Tom says, rolling his eyes.

"What did you just say?" Gabriela spits back.

Miss girl is trying to be an equal? Well. See you in hell miss girl.

"I said to shut it. Did you forget who is the boss here?" Tom turns his wand to Gabriela's neck, and she gulps. He moves it down until it tangles in a familiar-looking chain.

It's the necklace from the hallway, when Sam tried to put it around me. The one that felt like I was being burned for eternity.

Why is it on her?

"Do you want me to activate this again?" Tom half-whispers, half-growls. Gabriela shakes her head, averting her eyes. "Then remember your place. I've had to put up a facade for my entire life, and here's the first time I'm letting it show. I'm manipulative and murderous, Gabriela, I don't think you would like to see that side of me."

I want to say something like 'No, no, don't be shy, show her', but I know if I did that, the wand would-

Oh.

Tom turns his wand back to me, releasing Gabriela.

Well.

I guess I could have said something, but it wasn't the time, whatever. "So Tom, what are you going to do? Kill me, because I'm not ever going to give you my blood willingly, or put me into a trance? Make me, like Marlene? Torture me, like Ally? What's it going to be?"

Suddenly, a crack of stone against stone echos through the hall. We all freeze, and the dementors throw sharp glances across the room. Another crack echos, and this time, a bit of debris falls from the sky. All eyes turn to the ceiling, and suddenly, multiple figures drop from the sky.

They appear at my sides, large figures made of stone and debris. They growl, their heavy feet stomping across the area.

The dementors hiss, and Gabriela, Tom, and Stephan look at them in confusion.

Then all hell breaks loose.

The giants attack the dementors, and Stephan trips over a piece of fallen gravel, wincing. Gabriela helps the dementors, trying to break the giants, but her spells do little to nothing.