thirty three

psa: thirty two had to be taken down ☹️
__________

Kitioma Hadlee

          "Eat," Tom tosses me a piece of bread, frowning. I gingerly examine it, every part of my body still aching.

"Why?"

"Because I fucking said so, now put the damn food in your mouth."

He seems to be in a bad mood this morning, but he doesn't seem to be anywhere close in experiencing the pain I am in. I hesitantly nibble on the corner of the food, my stomach lurching.

When was the last time I had food?

My mind flashes back to when Tom first tried to kill me on the Astronomy Tower, when my eating started going all sorts of places it shouldn't have.

"Hurry up, we have stuff to do today," He grumbles, throwing a shirt and leggings at my head. It hits me right before I can blink, sending a flare of pain up my eye. God, I hate it when that happens, it always takes forever to go back to normal. I slip on the clothes, ignoring Tom's presence.

Tom glances at my tearing up eye and doesn't say a word, only raises his eyebrow with a deadpan expression. No sympathy. Nothing I would expect from a boy who whispered sweet nothings in my ear last night.

I guess that's Tom.

"I hope you didn't think I meant anything," He sneers, and I frown, as I had forgotten he can read thoughts.

"Meant...oh," I mumble back. "Should have known you didn't mean anything by it."

He sighs. "Last night was a mistake. I never should have touched you, or anyone of your...status."

"I can't tell if that's you complimenting that my blood is a higher status than yours or you insulting me.

"It's an insult," Tom's face twists into a sneer. "I would never touched someone like you."

I don't answer, a slight ache in my chest growing. I've always been self conscious of who I am, who isn't? So getting insulted by a man who you have so many connections to kind of hurts.

I don't care.

I don't.

"Ok," I say. "So I'm just another Izzy to you?" I glance up, and I see his face twitch, revealing masked rage.

How does he hide it so well?

"You're just there until we can get your blood. Which reminds me, we have places to be. Get up," He yanks me by the arm, and I wince, everything aching. I tumble to the floor, groaning in pain.

"Chill out, I can barely walk."

"We don't have time," He roughly pulls me to my feet and starts dragging me down the hallways.

"What happened to 'eat?'" I mutter, stumbling as his grip tightens around my wrist. He doesn't respond, only leads me through the dark hallways with angry determination.

My stomach lurches when I realise where we are.

We're back at the cells.

Tom waves his hand and an unfamiliar cell opens, but instead of a cell, it's a dark hallway, the walls stone. He leads me through the dripping, soaking-wet tunnel, the silence eery on my ears.

"What is this?" My voice comes out as a whisper, my pain forgotten for a moment.

He doesn't respond, only leads me into a larger cavern. The cavern has a table in the middle, surrounded by waterways serving as the floor. A tall stone snake looms over the table, shadowing it.