The Portkey

Rosabella's Point Of View:
I felt as though I had barely lain down to sleep in Ginny's room when we were shaken awake by Mrs Weasley.

"Come on girls time to go now." She said kindly.

Winter was laying on the floor next to me, she got up, stretched and left the room. Hermione, Ginny and I got ready. We didn't talk, we were too tired. Since my hair naturally looked good, all I had to do was quickly brush it. Hermione was having a harder time. I took her comb from her and started to help her tame it. I put in a high ponytail.

"Thanks, Ro." Hermione said gratefully.

"Ro, can you do that to mine?" Ginny asked.

"Sure." I replied tiredly.

I did the same to Ginny hair and then decided to put mine in a high ponytail.

"Now we match." I said.

Hermione and Ginny let out tired chuckles. We must have been taking longer then we realised because Mrs Weasley came back.

"Oh good at least your dressed. Come on girls you need to hurry if you want to eat breakfast on time." Mrs Weasley said and left again.

We followed Mrs Weasley down to the kitchen and the boys were all there apart from Bill, Charlie, Percy and Lucas.

I was about to ask but Michael knew what I was about to ask.

"They're apparating. So they get a lie in." Michael said as if it was the biggest injustice in the world.

I sat down at the table and muttered "not fair".

"Hasn't anyone told you life isn't fair?" Michael said, smirking at me.

"I believe I've heard it from some where." I said, pretending to be bewildered.

We both laughed tiredly and ate our porridge. Winter came into the house and laid down by my feet. She was most likely out hunting. I scratched Winter in her favourite spot behind her ears.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes.

"We've got a bit of a walk." Mr Weasley said.

"Walk? What are we walking to the World Cup?" Harry asked.

"No, no, that's miles away. We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quiditch World Cup —" Mr Weasley was saying but got cut off by Mrs Weasley.

"George!" Mrs Weasley said sharply.

We all jumped.

"What?" George said in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.

"Remind me to give you acting lessons." I said seriously.

He was about to respond but Mrs Weasley beat him to it.

"What is that in your pocket?" Mrs Weasley demanded.

"Nothing!" George insisted too quickly.

"Don't lie to me!" Mrs Weasley demanded.

Mrs Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket and said,

"Accio!"

Several small, brightly coloured objects zoomed out of George's pocket, he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped into Mrs Weasley's hand.

"We told you to destroy them! We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!" Mrs Weasley snapped.

It was an unpleasant scene. Fred and George had evidently been trying to smuggle as many toffees out of the house as possible and it was only by using her Summoning Charm did Mrs Weasley get them all. I noticed that Jason and Jacob looked unusually uncomfortable. I raised an eyebrow at them and looked in the direction of their pockets. They were helping to smuggle the toffees. They looked at me apprehensively. I winked at them and looked the other way.

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted at his mother, as she threw the toffees away.

"Oh, a fine way to spend six months! No wonder you didn't get more OWLS!" Mrs Weasley shrieked.