The House-Elf Liberation Front

Rosabella's Point Of View:
Harry, Ron, Hermione, Winter and I went up to Owlery that evening to send a letter to Dad. Harry had filled Ron in on everything Dad told us about Karkaroff. When we entered the Owlery, Soren flew down onto my outstretched arm. I stroked his feathers as he looked dignified compared to Pigwidgeon who was zooming around excitedly.

"Fits, doesn't it? Remember what Malfoy said on the train, about his dad being friends with Karkaroff? Now we know where they know each other. They were probably running around in masks together at the World Cup." Ron said as he tied the letter to Pigwidgeon.

"There's no way any of the other tasks are going to be that danger. How could they be? You know what? I reckon you could win this Tournament, Harry, I'm serious." Ron said eagerly as he set Pigwidgeon off.

I frowned as Hermione voiced my thoughts.

"Harry's got a long way to go before he finishes the Tournament." Hermione said seriously.

"If that was the first task, I hate to think what's coming next." I said thoughtfully.

"Right little rays of sunshine you two are. You should get together with Professor Trelawney. You'd love her, Ro." Ron teased.

I just rolled my eyes while Hermione scowled.

"Come on, Harry. Jay, Jake, Fred and George should of snuck enough food from the kitchens by now. After all the stress, I good party will do you some good." I said, softly.

I gave Soren an owl treat, which he took happily. He gave me and affectionate nip and he returned to his perch.

Sure enough, when we entered the Gryffindor common room it exploded into cheers and yells. There were mountains of cakes and dragons of pumpkins juice and Butterbeer on every surface. Lee Jordan let out some no heat fireworks. Dean had made some impressive banners with Harry zooming around the Horntails head on his firebolt and a couple with Cedric's hair on fire.

Harry was happier then he had been since his name came out that Goblet.

"Blimey, this is heavy. Open it, Harry, go on! Let's just see what's inside it!" Lee Jordan said, passing the golden egg to Harry.

"He's supposed to work out the clue on his own. It's the Tournament rules . . ." Hermione said, swiftly.

I smirked and leaned over to whisper in her ear.

"He was supposed to work out how to get past the dragon on his own, too." I muttered, making Hermione smile guilty.
Harry was the only one who heard and he laughed softly.

"Go on, Harry, open it. I'm curious." I said, encouragingly.

Many people cheered as Harry began to open it.

The egg was empty but a horrible loud screeching voice came out of it.

"Shut it!" Michael yelled, covering his ears.

"What was that?" Fiona said, staring at the egg.

"Sounded like a banshee . . . maybe you've got to get past one of those next, Harry!" Seamus said.

"Don't be stupid, Seamus! They wouldn't do the same task twice just with a different creature!" Fiona said.

"It was someone being tortured! You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!" Neville said going white.

"Don't be a prat, Neville, that's illegal." Jason said.

"They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions." Jacob said.

"I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing." George said.

"Maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower." Fred said.

There was something about the wailing. I couldn't make out what it meant but it wasn't random. It followed a rhythm. My trian of thought was broken when Neville turned into a large canary.

"Oh – sorry, Neville! I forgot it was the custard creams we hexed —" Fred shouted over all the laughter.