The Yule Ball

Rosabella's Point Of View:

The Gryffindor common room was far more crowded then it usually was during the Christmas half-term. Fred and George's Canary Creams and for the first couple of days of the holiday, people kept bursting into feather all over the place. George then told us that he and Fred were developing something else.

"Remind me to not accept so much as a crisp from Fred and George in the future." I whispered in Harry's ear, as we were curled up on one of the sofas in the common room.
Harry just laughed.

Snow was falling thickly upon the castle and its grounds now. I felt pity for the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students. The carriage and the boat looked rather chilly compared to the castle. The house-elves were outdoing themselves with a series of rich, warming stews and savoury puddings and Only Fleur Delacour seemed to be able to find anything to complain about.

"It is too 'eavy, all his 'Ogwarts food. I will not fit into my dress robes!" Fleur said grumpily when she left the hall.

Ron was sulking behind us so he didn't get seen by Fleur, Harry and I, however, were happily holding each others hands.

"Oh, isn't that a tragedy." I muttered to Hermione.

"She really thinks a lot of herself, that one, doesn't she?" Hermione said, snappily.

"Hermione - who are you going to the ball with?" Ron asked.

He kept springing the question at her, hoping to startle her into answering.

"I'm not telling you, you'll just make fun of me." Hermione replied, blushing.

I smiled at her and gave her a sly wink.

"Ro, who is she going with?" Ron demanded.

I just smiled at him sweetly.

"It's her business. If she doesn't want to tell you then that's up to her, so stop ambushing her with questions." I replied.

Malfoy beat Ron on responding.

"You're joking? You're not telling me someone asked that to the ball? Not the long-molared Mudblood?" Malfoy sneered from behind us.

Ron, Harry and I whipped round. I was about to punch Malfoy for the fourth time.

"Hello, Professor Moody!" Hermione said loudly, waving to no one over Malfoy's shoulder.

Malfoy went pink and jumped, looking wildly around for Moody but he was no where in sight.

Harry and Ron had grabbed hold of me to stop me attacking Malfoy.

"Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?" I said, scathingly.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I went up the marble staircase laughing heartily.
Harry and I had resumed our happy hand holding.

"Hermione, your teeth . . ." Ron said, frowning.

"What about them?" Hermione said.

"Well they're different . . . I've just noticed . . ." Ron said.

"Of course they are." Hermione said, looking at Ron perplexed.

"Did you expect her to keep those fangs Malfoy gave her?" I said, giggling.

"No, I mean, they're different to how they were before he put the hex on them. They're all straight and normal sized." Ron said, bewildered.

Hermione and I shared a mischievous smile.

"Well . . . when I went up to Madam Pomfrey to get them shrunk, she held up a mirror, and told me to stop her when they were back to how they normally were. I just let her carry on a bit. Mum and Dad won't be too pleased, they wanted me to continue with the brace. I've been trying to persuade them to let me shrink them but, you know, they're dentist. They don't think teeth and magic should - look! Pigwidgeon's back!" Hermione said.

By this point we had made it up to the common room and settled into some of the chairs. Harry and I were snuggled up on one of the sofas again. My brothers had actually reacted pretty well to Harry and I dating. They had all been rooting for it to happen.
Ron grabbed the letter and handed it to Harry. The letter wasn't long.