The Parting Of Ways

Rosabella's Point of View:

The minutes seemed like hours. It felt like Harry had been in the maze for days rather then just under two hours. As the seconds ticked by in agonising slowness, I grew more and more anxious. Come on, Harry. Please come back. Please. I kept thinking over and over.

At long last Harry and Cedric appeared out of the maze. I didn't scream and cheer with the rest of the crowd. I kept my eyes on Harry and he was shaking as if he was trying to contain sobs. Cedric was motionless. Oh my God. I tried to force my way through the crowd. The crowds cheerfull screams soon turned into screams of horror as they realised that Cedric – Cedric was dead. People became panicked and some where crying hysterically. I had nearly made my way out of the crowd. Dumbledore had seperated Harry and Cedric. Moody stood close behind Harry and Dumbledore helped Harry steady on his feet. Harry's face was unreadable. It showed shock, horror, grief, pain and an overall numbness. I fought harder to get myself through the last bit of the crowd. People were screaming all around saying:

"He's dead! He's dead! Cedric Diggory is dead!"

I saw Moody limp away with Harry. I hadn't made it through the crowd yet and I watched Moody fade out of sight with Harry. Five minutes later I was out of the crowd and I sprinted straight to Professor Dumbledore.

"Where's Harry? Where did Professor Moody take him?" I demanded.

Professor Dumbledore was accompanied by Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape.

"Miss Black, watch your tone." McGonagall reprimanded.

Dumbledore's face seemed to pale and his eyes darted around, confirming Harry's absence. Anger and worry marked Dumbledore's face.

"Severus, Minerva, we need to act quickly. Rosabella, you may wait in the hospital wing and I will bring Harry there soon." Dumbledore said, in a forced calm voice that held a note of urgency.

Without hesitation, Professor Dumbledore set off and was followed by Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape.

Frustrated at the cryptic vagueness and terror consuming about Harry, I sprinted to the hospital wing. I could hear distant familar voices behind me. The speed I was running at in my human form seemed incredibly slow so I transformed without slowing my pace and I sprinted in my Animagus form to the hospital wing. Winter ran next to me and easily kept pace. I only returned to my human form when I was outside the hospital wing doors. I forced the door open with too much force that it slammed open. Madam Pomfrey jumped and looked reproachful.

"Miss Black, this is hospital what on earth are you doing?" Madam Pomfrey scolded.

"Where's Harry?" I demanded.

"I do not know. I expected him to be brought straight here but he is not here yet." Madam Pomfrey said disapprovingly.

"What? But he's injured! He needs help! Where the bloody hell is he?" I shouted as tears of anger and worry started filling my eyes.

"Calm down. I am sure he'll be here shortly–" Madam Pomfrey said soothingly but was cut off by the door opening.

Professor McGonagall entered helping an injured and sickly Moody into a hospital bed. What the hell?

"What happened to Professor Moody?" I asked, concerned.

"The Professor Moody you know is an imposter. This is the real Alastor Moody. He was kept in a trunk for nine months." McGonagall answered.

"Is Harry OK? Moody – the imposter – took him somewhere! Where is he?" I asked McGonagall desperately, tear starting to fall down my face.

"The Headmaster took him to his office." McGonagall said disapprovingly.

I turned into my Animagus and sprinted to the golden gargoyle that was the enterance to the Dumbledore's office. Winter easily kept up with my pace. I transformed back and started shouting different kinds of sweets at the gargoyle.