The Third Task

Rosabella's Point of View:
It was lunch and instead of sitting with the trio I went to round up my brothers.

"What is it this time?" Michael asked.

They all looked at me curiously.

"The third task is a maze. Harry's got to get through a bunch of obstacles. Hermione, Ron and I are going to try and teach him as many useful spells as possible. Stunning, Disarming maybe a few hexes. But it may help to have someone who has already been taught the spells to teach him. I need your help. Please can you teach him as many useful spells that you know. We only have a month." I pleaded, my voice becoming more desperate with each word.

Jason and Jacob grinned at the request, well I guess they agree. Lucas looked thoughtful and Michael looked like he was considering the option.

"I'll handle teaching him stunning." Lucas stated.

"Jake and I will handle the hexes." Jason said, high fiving Jacob.

"I'll teach him Disarming and other useful spells to help him navigate the maze." Michael said, determined.

I sighed with relief and hugged my brothers tightly.

"Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! I promise I won't prank any of you all summer." I said gratefully.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." Lucas said, grinning.

"I don't know for the past two years she's barely been pranking at Hogwarts." Jason said.

"Losing your touch little sister?" Jacob, teased.

"Maybe she's matured and grown out of it." Michael suggested.

We all paused for a second and then burst out laughing. We laughed for a good few minutes. We then returned the Great Hall.

"Where's Harry?" I asked mainly Ron when I joined them at the Gryffindor table.

Ron the told me Harry had fell asleep in Divination. Understandable. And then he had a dream and was screaming and woke up with his scar hurting. He had then went to the hospital wing but Ron had just went there and Harry wasn't there. We all concluded that he went to Dumbledore. That's what Dad told him to do if the scar hurt again.

Harry told us everything he had seen seen in the pensive in Dumbledore's office and about the dream he had in Divination. When he told me I was about to tell him to write a letter to Dad but he already had. The trio and I stayed up late, our minds reeling from all the information.

"Dumbledore reckons You - Know - Who's getting stronger again as well?" Ron whispered.

"And he trusts Snape? He really trusts Snape, even though he knows he was a Death Eater?" I said in disbelief.

"Yes." Harry said.

I sighed in annoyance and looked over at Hermione. She hadn't spoken for ten minutes. She was sitting with her forehead in her hands, staring at her knees.

"Rita Skeeter." Hermione finally muttered.

I raised my eyebrows at her in disbelief.

"How can you be worrying about her now?" Ron said in disbelief, voicing my thoughts.

"I'm not worrying her. I'm just thinking . . . remember what she said to me in the Three Broomsticks?" Hermione said to her knees.

"'I know things about Ludo Bagman that would make your hair curl.'" I quoted.

"Exactly. This is what she meant, isn't it?" Hermione said, looking up at me.

I nodded thoughtfully.

"She reported the trial, she knew he'd passed information to the Death Eaters. And Winky, too, remember . . ." I said.

"'Mr Bagman is a bad wizard.' Mr Crouch would be furious he got off, he would have talked about it at home." Hermione said, logically.

"But did Bagman pass information on purpose?" I asked, rubbing my temple.

Hermione shrugged.

"Fudge reckons Madame Maxime attacked Crouch?" Ron asked Harry.

"Yeah, but he's only saying that because Crouch disappeared near the Beauxbatons carriage." Harry said.

"We never thought of her, did we? Mind you, she's definitely got gaint blood, and she doesn't want to admit it -" Ron said, slowly.

"Of course she doesn't. Look what happened to Hagrid when Rita found out about his mother. Look at my uncle who gets dismissed from job to job that are far below his skill set anyway. Look at Fudge, jumping to conclusions about Maxime, just because she's part giant. Who needs that sort of prejudice? I'd probably say I had big bones if I knew that's what I'd get for telling the truth. You haven't seen what that kind of prejudice can do to someone, I have for my whole life. Remus doesn't think he has any self worth because no matter how hard you try to ignore what people say, after a while you start listening whether you want to or not and its bound to have an effect. I don't believe Maxine had anything to do with it. Her students adore her like we all admire Dumbledore. Karkaroff, on the other hand, is not much liked by any of his students and he's a pure blood wizard. Blood has nothing to do with who you are or how you turn out." I said sharply and sternly.