The Quiditch World Cup

Rosabella's Point Of View:
Clutching our purchases with Mr Weasley in the lead, we climbed all the way to the Top Box. We all sat down. Harry sat at the near the end, Ron sat next to him, I was next to Ron, Hermione next to me, then Ginny, Charlie was next to her, the the Weasley  twins, then Jason and Jacob, then Michael, then Lucas, then Bill, then Percy and lastly Mr Weasley. Winter lay down by my feet. I was talking excitedly to Ron when we heard Harry say something we never expected.

"Dobby?" Harry said incredulously.

We looked at the house elf. I think it's a girl. Something tells me this wasn't Dobby. The poor elf looked terrified and I was covering her eyes and shaking.

"Did sir just call me Dobby?" The elf squeaked curiously, from between its fingers.

Hermione, Ron and I were looking at the elf curiously. We'd never met Dobby but had heard a lot about him. I was thrilled that Harry tricked Lucius Malfoy to set him free. Any elf who wanted freedom should be freed but they were rare. An anomaly. Most house elfs adored serving wizards.

"Sorry. I just thought you were someone I knew." Harry told the house elf.

"But I knows Dobby too, Sir! My name is Winky, sir and you sir, you surely are Harry Potter!" The elf squeaked, still shielding her face.

"Yeah, I am." Harry said.

"Dobby talks of you all the time, sir!" Winky said, awestruck.

"How is he? How's freedom suiting him?" Harry asked.

"Ah, sir, meaning no disrespect, sir, but I is not sure you did Dobby a favour sir, when you is setting him free." Winky said shaking her head.

"Why? What's wrong with him?" Harry said, taken a back.

"Freedom is going to Dobby's head, sir. Ideas above his station, sir. Can't get another position, sir." Winky said sadly.

"Why not?" Harry said.

"He is wanting paying for his work, sir." Winky whispered.

"Paying? Well, why shouldn't he be paid?" Harry said blankly.

Winky looked horrified at the idea.

"House-elves is not paid, sir! No, no, no. I says to Dobby to go find yourself a nice family and settle down. He is getting up to all sorts of high jinks, sir, what is unbecoming to a house elf. If he keeps rocketing around like this, he'll end up in front of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creature, like some common goblin." Winky said in a muffled squeak.

"Well, it's about time he had a bit of fun." Harry said.

"If anyone deserves it he does. Can you imagine being enslaved by the Malfoy's?" I said seriously, shuddering at the thought.

"House elves is not supposed to have fun. House elves does what they is told. I is not liking heights at all, Harry Potter . . . but my master sends me to the Top Box and I comes, sir." Winky said, glancing towards the edge of the box and gulped.

Poor thing.

"Why's he sent you up here, if you don't like heights?" I said, frowning and looking at the elf with pity, the Malfoy family aren't the only ones cruel to house-elves.

"Master wants me to save him a seat, Miss, he is very busy. Winky is  wishing she is back in masters tent, but Winky does what she's told. Winky is a good house elf." Winky squeaked.

She gave the edge another frightened look, and his her eyes completely again.
Harry turned back towards Ron, Hermione and I.

"So that's a house elf?" Ron said.

"Wierd things, aren't they?" I muttered.

"Dobby was weirder." Harry said, fervently.

As we waited for the box to fill we talked about the mascots performances that will take place before the match. Mr Weasley assured us it was always worth a watch. The Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, came into the Top Box with the Bulgarian Minister. Fudge was struggling with communication and tried to tell the Minister, that Harry, was Harry Potter. The Bulgarian Minister only got it when he saw Harry's scar and started gabbling, loudly and excitedly, pointing at it.

". . . Ah, and here's Lucius!" Fudge said.
The trio and I whipped round to see the Malfoy family entering the Top Box.

"Ah, Fudge. How are you? I don't think you've met my wife, Narcissa? Or our son, Draco?" Mr Malfoy said, shaking hands with the Minister.