𝟶𝟾.

𝙰𝙴𝙸𝙿𝙰𝚃𝙷𝚈.

𝙺𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝙸𝚕𝚢𝚛𝚊𝚊. 🧚🏼
—————
I sighed once again declining Sins call. Weeks later and he still bothered me.

It wasn't any bad blood, it was just something felt so wrong about the situation.

"Konani your Mama is coming next weekend." Abuela said as she stirred the mashed potatoes on the stove.

"Why?" i asked.

"She has break. You do not like when she visit?" she replied drying her hands.

I shrugged, "Yes, but it's hard to keep with her."

"How so?"

"I don't know. It's weird being around her now. She's gone for months at a time and then comes back...it's— it's weird."

"I underst—" she began coughing. It wasn't a normal cough, not even a "sick" cough. It seemed deadly.

"Abuela. ¿Estás bien?" i quickly patted her back.

She nodded. As she pulled her hand away from her mouth I noticed she coughed up blood.

My eyes widened at the sight. I grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator trying my best to move fast.

I didn't know what the fuck was wrong, but it scared me.

As I opened the water bottle I guided her to the kitchen table where she could rest. "Aquí Abuela, sit and drink."

I gave her the water making sure she drunk it all.

"Are you dizzy?" i asked.

"Que?"

"Dizzy. ¿Mareada?" i inquired.

"No." she replied. "I've been cooking for a while now." she said.

"Okay how about I cook? I'll finish dinner." i decided to take over.

She nodded.

I began to finish cooking the food.

As I seasoned the shrimp for the Alfredo a thump came from my left side.

I glanced over seeing her out cold on the floor. Blood leaked through her nostrils.

I immediately panicked. "What the fuck!?"

I pressed against her neck searching for a pulse. It was there, but it was low.

I ran around the house searching for my phone frantically.

Once I got it in hand I dialed 911 trying to stay calm.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My Abuela just passed out. I need help."

"Is she breathing?" she asked.

"Yeah but her heartbeat is getting slower. Hurry up!"

"Okay calm down what's your address?"

"Brooklyn Square 1267."

"They're on their way, i'm gonna stay on the phone until they arrive and you keep that pulse steady."

I nodded.

A few minutes later sirens were heard outside and a knock on the door could be heard.

Without question I opened it, seeing the paramedics with a stretcher and other equipment.

I seemed to blackout as they flooded into the house. It was rare for my Abuela to be sick, she never had any health problems. In all my life, she's been healthy.

What could this be?

Tears filled my eyes as they rolled her out of the room.

I was shaken out of my thoughts as a man shook me. "Are you okay?" he asked. "No." i began to tear up even more.

Our conversation was muffled in my brain letting sirens and the voices in the background fill my ears.

"Are you riding with her? Who is she to you?" he asked me as if I was slow.

I wiped my tears and swallowed. "My grandmother."

"Alright come on."

———

"Adela De Rosa?" the doctor approached me with a look of sorrow.

I stood up with a nod. I've been here for hours, waiting for any kind of clarity.

"Adela has a cancerous brain tumor. The cause of her scene was due to the tumor somewhat feeding on her brain nerves. We've tried our best to figure out a way to stop it but— it's already too late."

"Wh—what about chemo? Why is it too late? How didn't she fuc— know about it before?"

"Unfortunately the cancer has grown at a rapid pace and we're unable to track the actual place the tumor or cancer is located. Hundreds of patients ignore the pains in their skull and even the numbness of different areas. As I stated, we're too late. There's nothing we can do. I'm sorry." she walked away.

What was I supposed to do? King isn't here. I have no one.

I walked to the counter and asked the lady what room she was in.

"Abuela?" i called as I entered the room.

She was pale. I didnt enjoy the sight. It was unbearable to view.

She opened her eyes with a smile. "Hola nieta."

I sat down in the chair next to her and grabbed her hand giving it a light squeeze. "¿Como estás?"

She nodded. "I'll finally be able to rest." she said. "What do you mean?" i said.

"I'm dying, Konani." she replied like it was normal. "What am I supposed to do?" i asked with tears in my eyes.

"Rest from what? I thought you loved life." i said.

She chuckled, "I want to return home. I've been waiting."

My eyebrows came together, "You knew about this? You let it grow?"

"Six weeks, Nani." she said. "Six weeks what?"

"I have six weeks left."
—————
hi. give me votes like i'm a wattpad stripper.