𝟷𝟾.

𝙰𝙴𝙸𝙿𝙰𝚃𝙷𝚈.

𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝙰𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗. ☠️
—————
"Truly im not about to keep listening to these stories about yo dumbass friends talking shit. I don't give a fuck." i protested.

That's all high schoolers do, talk shit.

"No it's not even about my friends. It's what everybody saying about this girl named Konani."

I raised my eyebrow, "What about her? She in yo grade?" i inquired.

She shook her head. "No she's a senior, i'm a Freshman." she said in a smart manner. "But they said she don't come to school no more. When she did come to school she would have bruises and stuff. Not big ones but small ones...we used to be cool so I was worried about her."

"How you know her?"

"You remember when that big ass bitch and her sister was tryna jump me? Me and Konani fought them."

"That's da girl you said helped you?" i was surprised.

"Mhm."

"She almost got shot too." she said.

"What? How?"

"Ion know. But I heard some boys beat her up real bad in the locker room."

———

"What are you—""He be putting his hands on you?" i interrupted her.

"Who?"

"You know who i'm talking bout."

"No.." she replied.

"Konani. Do he put his hands on you?"

"Nooo!"

"Stop lying!"

"I'm not! I take boxing classes!"

"Where?" i looked at her. I wanted to see if she was serious.

"Down the street."

"Take me with you den." i replied. "No!"

"I'm going anyway."

There was a slight silence. She looked down at her feet then back at me. "Why are you so worried anyway?"

The bruises on her face broke my heart. I had a soft spot for her and I wasn't sure why.

I hesitated. "Cause I do what I want."

I pulled her into my arms and hugged her tight. I don't know why I felt like she needed a hug.

"You gotta stay safe bro."

"I know. Stop being soft, you creeping me out."

"Shut the fuck up."
————————————
i'll be consistent, but rn i want some mac and cheese so yeah 🧍🏽