Kagehina ⸝⸝ Single-The NBHD

Kageyama strummed his guitar strings, singing along to the song he'd been listening to for a while. ""Baby, " I can't help but call her that. Even though I shouldn't say it.. She was my baby girl, I might never get her back..But I don't mind being patient, yeah.."
Kageyama was in love with this song, Single by The Neighborhood. The meaning behind it was ever so pure, whilst the lyrics itself was sweet. The song reminded him of his boyfriend, Shoyo Hinata. The adorable energetic ginger. Speaking of Shoyo Hinata-
"Kageyama!" he said walking into the music club room to see Kageyama yet again strumming away alone singing to some songs.
"Oh hey baby." Kageyama said in a quite affectionate voice. Hinata smiled, he grinned brightly whilst kissing Kageyama. "I got you some milk, if you want it of course." Hinata handed the milk carton to Kags. "You didn't have to but thanks." Kageyama smiled softly, how lucky am I to be with Hinata? He didn't understand how he got lucky - he didn't feel he deserved Hinata. And as much as their relationship was great their was one problem-
"So I was wondering if I could take you out later today for ice cream?" Kageyama asked, his blue eyes shining.
"Sorry Kags..my dad wants me home early! And I don't want him getting in trouble at me and you hanging out again..." Hinata looked down quite dissatisfied.

His dad...

Hinata's dad was strict, in fact he was overprotective as hell over Hinata. And ever since the two started dating Hinata's dad would get all stingy when it came to Kageyama. Kageyama wanted - no he NEEDED to earn the trust of Hinata's father. But he knew it was indeed no easy fact. Stubbornness runs through everybody's family afterall. Kageyama frowned a bit, but soon hid it with a blank expression "That's okay, I get it." Kageyama mumbled.
"I reallyyyy wish my dad liked you! Or that I just had a less strict dad!" Hinata's tone deepened into more sadness. "I'm sorry-"
"Hey boke, it's okay." Kageyama assured, keeping his blue eyes fixated on the brown ones across from him. Hinata gave a pleasing look, one asking if it were truly okay. Kageyama only stared with an assuring gaze. "Quit strumming that guitar all day - cmon let's go back home." Hinata grinned. Kageyama let out a 'pft' picking up his guitar and black backpack. Picking up the baby blue milk carton too, "Atleast I'm allowed to walk you home."
"Yeah.." Hinata said in a soft voice.

The two walked out of the club room, Kageyama grasped at the smaller boy's hand making him blush in response. The two walked home talking about their future, and talking about plans for next week. They walked along the golden and baby blue painted skies as the sun shined bright at what was around 3 PM. "I wish I could be around more often.." Kageyama mumbled. "I'm sorry baby, it's just my dad. I-"
"Hey hey idiot it's fine! Calm down." Kageyama muttered softly. Hinata's expression softened, "don't worry I'll always find a way to love you though!" Hinata said. Kageyama just hid a smile and blush as he walked Hinata to his house. As they reached Hinata's small house Kageyama kissed the shorter male on the cheek before watching him smile, "Get home safe!" the ginger said getting his keys out and running to his door. Kageyama ruffled his long-ish hair as he walked away waving.

Hinata walked in his home only to see his dad cross armed. "You were with that Kageyama boy again right?" he asked raising a brow. "Yes, we're dating you know that!" Hinata said playfully. "Yes I know." his father assured - but he didn't trust that boy with his son one bit. "He knows if he hurts you I'll hurt him right?"
"Dad!" Hinata chuckled. "Kageyama is a good guy!" Hinata tried to assure but Hinata's dad just didn't want to acknowledge nor accept the fact Kageyama was indeed a good and trustable person.

Kageyama on the other hand had finished all his work and was now strumming his guitar strings again, singing along to the lyrics. He had a plan, and he hoped this plan would work. I'm going to earn Hinata's father's trust.
Slowly he sang along whilst moving his fingers and tapping his foot against the floor.