Asanoya ⸝⸝ Red 🖍

He always wore a red jacket. No matter what day, no matter what the weather was, he always wore-
the same red jacket.
Not the shade of hearts or roses, not a wine red, not even close to burgundy, a vibrant red jacket.
Incredibly vibrant shade, red dyed cotton, shiny iron zippered jacket. Rather spacious pockets, the sleeves always dangling off at the ends, the drawstrings tied together.
He always had a red backpack on. The same vibrant shade of red. The one that wasn't the same shade as roses and hearts, yet the one that reminded you of roses and hearts.
His notes always used to be written in the same red ink, if pens were used. The notes each in unique and slightly rushed print or cursive.
Slightly slanted towards the right, medium sized letters, the dot above his i's always looking a bit more like a rushed line running up.
The same red beat up converse. His shoes were the same red beat up converse. The laces seemed to be greyish as the shoes red shade was still lively and young. The cuffs of his jeans, doodles on them with red ink were little stars. He loved red. Red, red, red.
The taller man noticed the behavior. He watched as the boy, the unique second year, wore red, and lived within the color. Just about anything he owned, anything of his possession; the same shade of vibrant red.
Red had several meanings. Pain and violence. The blood that could be trickling down from cuts, the blood in your veins, the blood slowly appearing after scraping your skin.
Care and health. The blood in your veins, the blood rushing through you to keep you standing and alive.
Perhaps, luck, wealth, luxury, maybe even royalty? Look at silk red robes, red carpets, silk red dresses, a true sign of luxury living. And red gemstones with red wine. Luxury.
Urgency. Importance. Red letters, red ink on your test, red marker, it catches your eye instantly. Soon enough your looking at your graded test, looking at red ink.
Pain, abuse, anger, and violence. Who said the blood trickling down your skin was simply an accident or mistake? Who said somebody didn't cause you to be in pain? Internal bleeding. Being mad or just out of control.
Pain.
And most of all, romance, love, in some cases lust. Passion. Roses, hearts, chocolate boxes, a red lip paired with a red dress-
All things that symbolize attraction. Whether it's affectionate kisses or sinful marks along your skin. Love.

So who knew what the boy across from the taller man could be about. The boy who always wore red. Who knows? Is he adventurous? Requiring the attention at all times? So is that why he wears such a striking color? Is it the fact he loves the symbolism behind the color? Red and so many meanings compared to pink or green.
What made red such a daily thing for him to like? Was his whole room just...red?
And that's what sparked interest for the taller male. Red, he likes red, the boy who wears red likes red.

The more the younger male talked to the third year the more the third year learned.
"Nishinoya Yū! That's my name!"
His personality was striking.
Enthusiastic. Full of energy. Blood ran through his veins. He was like a flame at moments. Bursting with excitement. His personality was as striking as the color. He was daring, adventurous, in love with the risk.
He could be carefree, mostly was. Yet he could become overprotective and as angry as angry could get. He was short- looking innocent yet knew how to be urgent. He could be serious, he could be full of anger, he could be like a wildfire.
He had the luck, he had the possibility for wealth in his own hands. His grades were marked up negatively in red ink- he didn't mind much. Yet his mind was active. He was sharp- he kept in mind to much more important things- he had passion. He did what he loved. That was the risk he was living by.
Passion.
And love, he gave affection to those he cared about. He showed his love and care out loud proudly- ever so proudly. Not a second of flashing embarrassment. Yet..for Asahi..the third year-
He was the one feeling love tied up in his stomach. The beauty Noya held, as he applied strawberry red tinted chapstick. He wanted to give roses. He wanted to give red chocolate boxes. He wanted to kiss him, kiss the boys red lips. He wanted to send red hearts. The boy who wore red. His love for red..red was just like his personality. Nishinoya was vibrant, could be violent, lovely and affectionate, caring and healthy, lively, in the hands of wealth at some point- full of luck. That was Nishinoya Yū, the boy who wore red.

So Asahi wrote in red. He wrote and wrote it utmost clear and immaculate script. The red ink of a pen staining the page within letters. Soon enough the page was stained with words. The looseleaf soon enough written up in red.
The envelope of which the paper was contained in white and clear, whilst the sealing sticker to seal the envelope was red. A red heart to be exact. To the boy who wears red.

There sat the letter. Upon the smallest boys desk. Untouched. 7 AM. Nobody there at the class yet. The classroom just bright as the skies were grey and and white. It had rained the night before, puddles filled the areas of the school outside, and the air just had a fresh scent to it. Asahi had no intention of watching in pain at a possible rejection. Simply the letter sat on the desk within the quiet and empty classroom. The doors slowly creaked open as they slid to the right. The boy who always wore red, Noya, walked over to his desk. His red jacket hang from his shoulders. As he walked over to his seat, he was quite early, he saw the white envelope upon the desk. "Hm?"
He picked up the note, realizing the heart seal on the front-
He blushed, a confession letter? Wonder who it came from..

Slowly he opened the letter making sure not to rip the seal within the process, and as he opened the once folded letter he smiled at the usage of red ink.

To the boy who loves red,
You always wear red, you always use red things, you love red. Your backpack, sneakers, jacket, pens, notes, chapstick, keychains, phone case, it's all red. And red could mean anger, violence, urgency, but then again it's a color that catches the eye quickly. Red could mean adventure and risk, red could also mean love and affection. You're just like the color red. You're adventurous, able to catch anyone's eye, and you're affectionate, yet then again daring and when things get urgent you become serious. And that's what I love about you. You're the boy who always wears red, the boy who loves red, and I love you.
-Asahi

Nishinoya felt his cheeks turn into the shade of his jacket. He felt a smile creep up on his lips as he hugged the letter close. "I love you too 'Sahi..." he said whilst holding the letter close to his red jacket. Red, a color of pain and violence yes, but then again the color of love and affection.

      I straight up got the idea for this chapter all because my red hoodie came today

I straight up got the idea for this chapter all because my red hoodie came today. And now I'm in love with my hoodie.
It's red -
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter and next chapter is Ushiten!
Love you all 🤍

1298 words~