1: Confusion

"MATE!" I screamed and slammed the door in front of a shocked Jude.

Cerberus was practically purring as we looked at the cute little dog who was now my mate sleeping soundly inside of the box. I was in a tag of war between being happy and being torn.

What in heaven's name was the goddess thinking of pairing a dog and me? How can I marry it if I and it were so different? I don't mind having a boy for a mate, I'm bisexual after all but this...THIS was just ridiculous! And oh god...How can I explain to Jude that I will be breaking up with her for a DOG?! I made a promise with Cerberus that I'll break up with Jude once we find our mate because whether I like it or not, my feelings will grow ten times more for my mate than her.

But seriously! A dog? How can I have sex? That just looked awful! How will I even greet my mate every morning? Arf arf baby?

"Shut up, just accept our mate!" Cerberus barked.

"I'm trying bone-head!"

I could hear Jude's heels clicking as she walked away or rather stomped away. I'm very sure she was pissed but what can I do? I'm just glad she was not a werewolf or else she could have broken through my house and killed me for shutting the door at her face. I touched the white fur of my mate that had strands of blue.

"What will we name it?" I asked my wolf.

"Why do I feel you'll treat him as a pet?" my wolf accused.

"It's my mate, and do you expect me to just call it dawg for the rest of my life?"

My wolf went silent in realization but I'm sure he won't admit that. We were both stubborn, arrogant, and prideful.

I looked at the blue strands of fur and it was oddly cold...like ice. "How about Arc? Short for Arctic."

"Arc," my wolf purred in agreement. I placed the box on the coffee table, completely ignoring the anime show I was watching lately and took my mate from the box, letting the penguin stuffed toy fall. I sat on the sofa and placed it on my lap. Well ain't it a heavy sleeper?

I stroked it, feeling the coldness of its fur underneath my palms. Why do I feel so content with just touching it? I admired every fur on his body and even scratched the back of its ear which made it snuggle closer to my stomach. I watched him even though my vision was blurry with sleepiness.

I could slowly feel my eyes drop, the talking of the television was becoming vague. Good night Ark. Arf arf.

I woke up from the tickling of a soft, wet slick object going up and down my cheek. My eyes opened and I was greeted with a pair of eyes that were different in color. One was more blue than the ocean and one was stronger than the color of ruby red. I could feel the small paws of my mate putting pressure on my collar bones and with its feet on my flat abdomen.

"Arf!"

I flinched and wrapped my big hands around the puppy's body. I thought all of what happened last night was a dream, apparently, it's not.

Ark started to whimper and that made my heart clench and drew out my overly-caring side that I never knew I had. I was a complete jerk, even to Jude. I only become sweet to her when I'm drunk. When it's my family, I ignore them most of the time but I would show my concern when they're sick.

"What is it boy?" I asked. Maybe I should refer to it as a 'he'? That sounded better.

Ark jumped from my lap and made a beeline to the kitchen, I watched as his tail wagged happily.

So cute...

"See what he needs! He might be hungry!" Cerberus ordered, he obviously just woke up. I went to the kitchen and found my mate pawing the fridge.