28: BATTLING

It was like everything was going in slow motion. My breathing was getting heavy and slow, in contrast with my fast beating heart. I took in the fast-pacing actions going on around me.

This was war.

Azure looked like he had more experience than me which was true. He slapped Drake with his huge claw and the man was sent rolling on the rocky floor towards the entrance of the narrow pathway between the lava falls.

The mutant guard dog growled once more and charged ahead towards Drake who was standing up with unequal balance, probably still dizzy. Drake's face twisted into annoyance as he jumped, his body inverted as he stood on his hands on top of Azure's head and flipped the mutant being by holding one of his spikes and throwing him into the lava.

How strong was he?!

"Ark, Azure!" I panicked.

Ark smiled at me calmly. "Don't worry, Azure has wings. He's part dragon, remember?" Azure rose and flew around the area. The fluttering of his wings was causing massive winds.

"Azure, pagósei tis ptóseis ! (Freeze the falls!)" Ark shouted. Azure flew towards the lava falls and blew his snowy breath causing the start of the red boiling lava's blackening and freezing.

"Let's go Luka!" Ark urged. He suddenly grasped my hands and fire erupted making me wince from the burning sensation.

"It's party time!" Cerberus cheered and flame burst into my other hand. Ark let go of my hand and charged ahead. I could see Drake smirk as he let Ark charge towards him.

"What are you waiting for, Rihanna's Work song? Get your ass moving boy!" Cerberus yelled. I grunted and followed Ark.

My mate was the first one to attack by swinging his leg to kick Drake's head. Drake bent down and dodged it and in return he attempted to get Ark out of balance by swinging his feet in a 180 degree angle on the floor. Ark jumped in time and started using his ability.

Sharp popsicles began to pierce the floor and the two didn't stop throwing fast punches and kicks. I jumped in midair, my body reversing in line with Drake's head. I attempted to slam my flaming fist against his skull only for him to grab my hand and throw me to Ark. My mate caught me and we both fell to the ground.

"Your ass is so useless!" Cerberus spat.

I gritted my teeth. I fucking know that! I immediately got on my feet and gave my own punches and kicks to Drake. The motherfucker continued to dodge everything, his smile was getting devious. I fucking hate him with passion.

"I can't believe that you are the person married to Alaster. You are weak," he stated, making me further enraged.

I was about to make my comeback but then Drake was suddenly raised in midair. Sciath was standing behind him, looking pissed. He looked like he had his fair share of battle and the war only started.

"You're as annoying as your beta," Sciath commented in his famous deadpan face.

I don't know if he was referring to Drake and his beta or me and Kade. Fiery wolves started to form around us. Ark and I started to fight them off. I snapped the head of one wolf and then rammed my knuckles on the other one, breaking its skull in the process. Two wolves charged in either side of me and I bent down for them to bite each other instead of me.

Fucking idiots...

Fuck, Thank God for Ark's training.

"Let's switch places later," Cerberus said. "

Okay, that's when I get fully drained."

"Don't let your guard down Luka," Ark reminded. He looked serious now as he fought with Fiery wolves graciously without sweat making it appear that he fought with wolves like these everyday with his eyes closed. Drake grunted.