24: CARELESS

"Fifty more laps!" Ark shouted.

I heard exhausted groans coming from the rookies including me.

Ark had doubled the difficulty of our training menu from the upcoming battle. We only had four days left before we engage the Fiery wolf pack. We also had to travel a day before to Africa and the travel time from the US to Africa was 15.98 hours. Yes, I researched it in Google. Come to think of it...if Ark was from Antarctica how the hell did he end up in New York when he was still a puppy? Did some witch take him? If so, then why didn't they just hand Ark over to the Fiery Prince and take him hostage?

The part where how Ark ended up in my arms was still buried under a mystery. I looked at my mate who was standing just in front of the huge tree with a lollipop in his mouth. He was watching us with his arms crossed. He looked deep in thought. I wonder what he was thinking?

At our twentieth lap, Ark ordered us to rest. Some wolves fainted; others were down on their knees or lying down. We were all soaked with sweat and I could feel my knees getting numb.

"I can feel my dick getting numb. It's not fair that me and Icius can't get more action," Cerberus complained.

"We are going to war in the next few days and you think about sex now?!"

"Hey, it's not only for my benefit! I want to give much cum to my pups."

I flinched in disgust. "That sounded so wrong you fucker."

"What the fuck did I say now?"

I ignored my wolf and forced myself up to walk towards my mate. He was leaning against a tree with a hand grabbing his chin. When he saw me, he smiled and waved. "Tired?"

"You are just cruel," I protested making him chuckle at me.

"It is for your own good. You will be facing one of the strongest packs and considering that we won't be bringing veteran warriors, we really need to make the rookies strong."

I knew that. I just wanted to complain but even if I always nag my frustrations I will do anything for Ark even if it was against my will. "What are you thinking?" I asked him.

Ark shrugged and slid down against the tree. I sat down beside him and he began to massage my leg that was next to him. I can feel my eyes getting sleepy from how good his hand was. "I need a blueprint..."

I looked at him curiously. "A blueprint?"

"A blueprint of the volcano...I need one to plan out a strategy," he mumbled.

This was another one of Ark's problems that I can never solve. I sat there quietly and let Ark think while I beat myself emotionally for being useless to my husband. I was snapped out from spacing when Ark yawned loudly and stretched his upper limbs. He took my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"You know, when I turned into a puppy, I remember this man who picked me up just by the entrance of the castle. I don't know who he was but something about him made me feel safe just like what you are making me feel," he stated and blushed.

"He took me in for a night but the next day, he surrendered me to a pet shop that is exporting pet animals to America; before he left me though...he apologized first saying that he can't keep me because he is still searching for his mate who is lost in time. He looks really sad, I could see it in his eyes and with that I realize how lucky I am that I am with my mate now. I can't thank that man enough for what he did. If he isn't the one that took me, I won't be with you now."

Well that explained my confusion.

"Do you know his name?" I asked Ark.

Ark nibbled his bottom lip. "Well...umm this being that suddenly rose up from the floor when I was still in his apartment called him Caleb. I..I wonder if he was the legendary Caleb who lost his mate? I mean, he could be...the guy who called him Caleb was a devil. Wait...does this mean that dragons exist too?"