6: Revelation

Luka's POV

I placed Ark on the sofa and contemplated if I should head out already. I wish that Ark won't wake up too soon. He usually naps for an hour and I doubt that the problem with the witches will last that short.

I guess I'll just rip their throats and run. I looked at Ark's sleeping form and pushed the toy closer to his body before getting out of my house. Cerberus quickly took over my body before I could even close the door.

"What the hell man?!" I snarled.

"We need to hurry up before our mate wakes up!" he said and ran. I wish I could get out of this soul form and whack my wolf's head. I pray to the wolf goddess for Ark to sleep longer. Cerberus took us outside of town where a vast number of old tries lie. I could already see the lines of werewolves in position.

"Kade, is the whole town guarded already?" I asked through our mind link.

"Yes Alpha!" he replied attentively.

"I'm at the east side of the town, what's the report?"

"Alpha, that's where most of the witches are, I've already sent a pack of wolves to deal with them but it seemed that they are having a hard time."

I grunted at that. We really need to double the training menus for the warriors. They were just getting too clumsy and weak for a bunch of old, ugly witches.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Um not quite, I also forgot to tell you that there are also some wolves working with the witches."

I want to unscrew my beta's head and see if his brain was still intact. How can he almost forget to inform me about rogues?!

"They are going down!" Cerberus growled. He really hated rogues. Well who doesn't? Cerberus howled loudly, an Alpha's howl raises his pack's fighting spirit and strength to extreme levels. It was like a battle cry. "Keep the town safe, not a witch nor rogue inside do you hear me?"

"Yes Alpha!" the werewolves replied dutifully.

Cerberus charged through the deeper parts of the forest. We could already hear the witches' laughs and my pack's growls. My wolf added more force in his running and in seconds we arrived in the battle zone. I could see some wolves down on the ground and that made the Alpha in me fire up in rage. I knew that on this day, we would finally get our first kill.

My wolf jumped in the air and bit the floating witch at her foul neck. The witch hissed in pain and tried to escape with her magic but it was already futile, their necks were their weak spot, once it was injured, they could no longer produce magic. Cerberus dug his canines deeper as he took the life out of the witch. After that he threw the witch on the floor and went for another kill. We took down four witches and now this time, we were up against a wolf.

A red wolf.

Wait, these wolves were from the Royal Fiery pack! Was the treaty broken? But why were they on the witches' side?

"You, what are you doing here?" Cerberus asked the wolf.

"Nothing that concerns you. Just let us in and find our business and we will go and leave you in peace," the wolf replied.

"Not until you tell me what you are after!" Cerberus growled and went for the neck but the wolf dodged and leaped over us.

Cerberus flipped and landed in front of our enemy and slashed his face with his sharp claws.The wolf growled but clawed us back and it left a burning sensation.

They're not fire wolves for nothing. I just wish I had a special power, what sucked in my life was that I haven't yet found my special power. Kade already found his, he could talk to other animals thus he knew what was going on around the battlefield without breaking a sweat.