14: Understanding

Every time I had sex with someone who was not my mate, I would get this searing pain throughout my body like I was getting punished for doing so and I knew I was.

It was the Goddess' way to remind me that I should work harder in finding my mate so that I wouldn't get this fucking blistering pain in my body for fucking someone who I was not destined to be with. I was not the only one who felt this way, all werewolves were cursed to be like this and I as the future leader of the pack with an alpha blood running through my veins should know better to control myself.

But what can I do?

My body yearned for warmth. The partners I have been with were only substitutes for my mate because even though their bodies kept me alive, I can never be satisfied. I know that only my mate can provide me with what I desired and needed.

There was no cure for a wolf who yearns for his mate, no woman nor man could fill the growing hole in my soul and heart. It was like an incurable disease that even though you take medicine to relieve the symptoms, you'll only add more burden to your body and worsen your condition.

When I found Ark as a dog, I know I was shocked to see him as a puppy but then there was this other feeling that cured that emptiness I was feeling and made me forget about my current girlfriend, it was the feeling of warmth...a true one. I felt so alive, I felt the joy rushing to my aching heart and for the first time...I felt satisfied.

I can't lose him now...

I can't make the only person who made me content leave me because of my past mistakes.

I love Ark! I love him so much that it was impossible for me to live another day without him. I want to run away from all of this trouble and just live with Ark far far away from all this shit.

But can he forgive me?

I've hurt him so much...

Seeing him like this made me wonder if I was suited to be mated to him...

I don't want to cause him so much pain...

I don't know what to do...

What should I do?

"Let me out..." Cerberus whispered.

"What?"

"I said let me out...let me talk to him. I know he won't listen to you so it is no use if you beg him for forgiveness."

I was too tired and emotionally unstable to argue with Cerberus so I let his physical form take over. The familiar cracking of bones together with the excruciating pain occurred, I groaned until the turn was over.

Cerberus was out and I was in a dark place where I usually stay when I'm in the spirit form. In one side of this place, I could see what Cerberus sees, it was like his vision was also mine. Ark was looking at us in shock. He stumbled back and landed on his butt. His eyes were wide and teary and his mouth was hanging open.

"My beautiful mate, my only love, please don't be mad anymore," Cerberus cooed.

"Lu-Luka?" Ark called out. He slowly raised his hand and cautiously placed it on Cerberus' face. My wolf tilted his head where Ark's hand was.

"No...I am Luka's wolf, Cerberus, I believe that we have already met each other, you must have forgotten." That was right, it had been awhile since Ark saw Cerberus.

Our mate nodded, Cerberus moved closer to the sitting form of Ark, two of his front legs were either side of Ark's legs. He placed his nose against his own and I just realized how my wolf tripled Ark's size. "Come with us Ark, let us run far away from here for a while. Just us," Cerberus whispered in his rough and beastly voice. "Hop on my back."