20: Discovering

"I don't have any special power," I informed Ark who now looked at me with skepticism.

"That's impossible Luka. The Goddess blesses every wolf a power," he argued.

I frowned. I just felt so pissed off by that woman in the heavens."Well I guess she forgot about giving me one," I drawled.

I leaned against the trunk of the tree and watched the other rookies being trained by the veteran warriors. The rookies were divided into two divisions; one group for my dad and one group for Ark. Ark had already assigned the assistant teachers their tasks while he taught me personally.

"Maybe you just haven't discovered it yet..." Ark stated. "What is your dad's special power?"

I recalled my dad's fatherly concern when I haven't yet found my power. "Electricity; he electrocuted me once to see if my body will react to it but nothing really happened. It just made me hyper like a kid who is in a sugar rush."

Ark gazed at me and placed a palm on his cheek in thought. He pressed his body against mine and I immediately felt his warmth that turned into frosty ice as his eyes glowed bright blue.

Usually, when a wolf needs to discover his hidden skill, he'll need to get triggered with that certain power. For example; a wolf got in touch with fire and instead of burning, his body just controlled it so that meant that that wolf was a fire wolf. There were rare cases of skills like Kade. What I explained were just elemental wolves.

I continued to feel Ark's energy and instead of my body controlling it or turning it into ice to indicate that I was an ice wolf, I could just feel my body absorb the energy. Fuck it.

"Nothing..." Ark stated. "Maybe you need to practice concentration more. Focus often helps. Why don't you switch with Cerberus for now?"

"YAY!"

I groaned and let Cerberus take over after I took off my clothes. Great, now I'm in meditation. Why was I the only one training and not my wolf? Fuck it; I'll just trust Ark on this. I closed my eyes and tried to focus and clear my mind. How many times have I tried this just to feel nature's energy that would guide me in finding my power? Countless...but nature never led me anywhere. It just made me absorb and absorb and absorb.

"Concentrate..." I told myself.

"Oh yeah scratch that itch!" Cerberus howled, making my eyebrow twitch.

"Concentrate," I whispered to myself.

"Oooh yeah! You hit the spot!"

"Fucking concentrate..." I gritted out.

"Goddess I'm gonna cum!"

I opened my eyes and saw Cerberus' vision moving uncontrollably from left to right in an upside down.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I growled. Cerberus lifted his head and I saw his excited leg shaking as Ark scratched the part between Cerberus' dick and his leg.

"This is not working..."

I switched with Cerberus despite his protest. I wore my clothes back and looked at Ark who now just grinned at me. "Cerberus is so cute..."

"And I haven't made any progress."

My mate chuckled at that. "I guess we'll just have to do the hard way..."

I raised a brow at him. "And what is that?"

....

....

....

I could feel a vein popping in my forehead. All of the rookies were lined up in front of me. Apparently, Ark's idea was for me to test out every power. I wonder if Ark wanted me dead. Geez, I know that I only absorb but it doesn't mean that I can't feel pain when I absorb. I guess Ark really was a pain in the ass as an instructor and the bad thing about that was that I can't bring myself to say no to that adorable face of his. The day went on and I was almost drowned, almost slashed by the winds, almost buried six feet under, zapped, mind-controlled into dancing gangnam style, and so many more that I was amazed some other powers existed. I even tried out Kade's ability to talk to animals.