10: Attraction

Luka's POV

In the past week, my dad was personally monitoring the movements in the castle. He had a friend inside of the royal palace to look up the events happening inside. So far, there were still no movements at all except that the Fiery pack and Glacier pack agreed to continue the marriage. The spy also informed that the fake prince was acting more weird and that he was now closely attached to the prince of the other pack like a love sick puppy.

So far, Icius hadn't yet made progress in regaining Ark's memories. Dad called out a meeting later tonight to announce the alternative plan if ever Ark will never gain his memories. We knew that we can't stay as sitting ducks forever while the witches succeed. But, I had a feeling that whatever plan dad was thinking, I won't like it a bit.

Today was the first day of Ark in school. His uniform arrived a week after our conversation with dad. They were five pairs of uniform and were designed uniquely just for Ark. It had a hoodie and a white mask and it also had the school emblem on the right chest.

I know I will have a hard time making Ark wear it. The additional hood and mask will surely heat up his body more. And thus, I was now seething as I held on the ripped uniform, courtesy of my dearest, beloved mate, Ark.

"No!" Ark screamed.

"Ark, you need to go to school," I sighed.

"Nuh uh!"

"Please?"

Ark shook his head and did not back down with the glaring contest between him and me. Of course, Ark was an Alpha like me, sure he was a submissive; but since he was an alpha and not to mention a royal one, his authoritative side to make his superiors obey him conquered that submissive nature.

"Ark, if you wear this, I will buy you your pie," I offered. I laughed internally when I saw Ark's eyes sparkle.

"One whole pie?" he asked.

I nodded. "One whole one," I said. Luka, you better prepare a gas mask because that pie will surely trigger the 'Ark fart'. Ark immediately snatched a new uniform from the cabinet and slipped it on. One thing I observed from Ark was that he was slowly doing things independently. I don't know if the curse took his knowledge away from him; he acted like an immature child. Maybe a part of the curse was to take away the necessary criterion of a leader? The curse took his memories away but it also stole Ark's wisdom, skills, and even his maturity. If you asked me, the witches finally did a pretty good trick. I would like to slam that trick in their ugly faces.

We need to stop that curse before they use it against the Glacier pack's King and Queen. I wonder what dad had under his sleeve? Ark grinned at me proudly as he skipped around me in his tidy uniform. Wow, he can tie his necktie better than me.

"Come on now, let's go," I said to him. I put on Ark's hood and covered half of his face with his mask. Kade was already waiting outside with a ridiculous smile and bowed when Ark and I got out of the house.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked him.

"Paying respect to the prince of course!"

I rolled my eyes. "Kade, you can't refer to Ark as the prince, you'll cause a commotion."

"But I feel like a sinner if I don't!" he whined. Ark pulled my arm towards the car.

"Let's go Luka!"

"Okay, okay, calm down," I chuckled. I gave Kade one last glare and placed my index finger against my mouth indicating for him to shut his loud mouth off. Kade saluted making me roll my eyes.

We arrived at school just in time when the bell rang. The students looked at Ark curiously but then bowed their heads when I glared at them. I wrapped a protective arm around Ark's shoulders and took him to our class. The female teacher was already there, when she saw Ark, she smiled and ushered us to stand in front of the class. I gotta tell you, this whore once tried to flirt with me but of course, the bastard I am threatened to report her to my father. What a flat-chested bitch. No offense to those who have chopping boards for a chest. I will only insult those who pissed me off and she was one of those.