Chapter 11: Bondita Is Kidnapped

Anirudh after 5 hours of travel reached Devipur at 5:30pm in evening until then Sumati maa search off the whole village for Bondita. When Anirudh reached he saw villagers gathered at Sumati maa's house and they were trying to console her. When Sumati maa saw Anirudh she went ran towards him and fell down onto Anirudh's feet.

"Jamai babu, save my daughter! Save my Bondita!" - uttered Sumati maa in absolute pain

Anirudh get hold of Sumati maa and begged her to stand.

"What happened maa.. please tell me! Please tell me in detail what really happened!" - said Anirudh on verge to cry out

"She said that she will be going to meet Parvati but she didn't come up there too!" - uttered Sumati maa miserably crying.

"Parvati's house? I thought.. Maa when did she go up there?" - asked concerned Anirudh

"She went 5 hours ago." - Sumati Maa

"Don't worry maa, I will go and check up there at Parvati's house!" - uttered Anirudh and left.

Meanwhile when Bondita woke up she found herself trapped in a room probably a basement where all the goods and unused furniture were kept. She found that she was tied to a wooden pole present in the middle of the basement room. Her hands were tied and mouth was stuffed with cotton cloth that she couldn't scream for help even she if she tried to. She was having a terrible headache because of the hit she got from a wooden plank.

When Bondita was trapped in the basement, Parvati was busy signing the property papers with Mr Madhushri. Coincidently when Mr Madhushri was about to leave after getting the deal done he heard some noice from the basement.

"Parvati Devi, what's this noise about?" - inquired Mr Madhushri

"Don't worry Madhushri babu its just a my pet cat. Nowadays she has been acting too violently towards strangers so when you were about to come, I purposely trapped her in basement." - uttered Parvati nervously trying to clear Mr Madhushri's misunderstanding.

"Okay, but you ain't planing to leave that cat at home right?" - Mr Madhushri

"No, No Madhushri babu do not worry. I will surely take her with me." - uttered Parvati looking down at the floor below which is the basement.

When Mr Madhushri left, Anirudh entered the backyard of Parvati's house. Although he saw Mr Madhushri going out of the house but he didn't pay a heed because all he knew was to find Bondita. Seeing Anirudh coming towards her, Parvati got scared.

"Barrister babu, what brought you here today?" - uttered Parvati hesitantly.

"Mrs Parvati Devi, did Bondita came up here?"- inquired concerned Anirudh

"No, she didn't! What happened Barrister babu? Is everything fine? Sumati aunt too came here searching for barrister didi!" - said Parvati acting to be concerned.

Anirudh knew that the women standing infront of him is not at all trustworthy and his doubt got cleared when he encountered Mr Adinath coming out of the house searching for Parvati. Although Adinath gave an excuse of coming up here to mentally support his sister-in-law but what could stop Anirudh not to doubt them. Anirudh forcefully entered the house and realised that the house was nearly empty with no furnitures or other things. When he inquired about it, Parvati gave an excuse of exchanging it with new furniture. Seeing Adinath and Parvati being so nervous and hesitant in their speech he understood that Bondita might be in their house itself. He started screaming her name and calling her aloud. Bondita trapped in the basement heard the voice of her Pati babu but what could she do, she was all tied up with no energy left to fight anymore. Anirudh could feel Bondita's presence up there but he had no option to leave the house when Adinath and Parvati told him that if he thinks that they have kidnapped his wife then to bring search letter if he wants to search their house.

"Thik hai! Fine I am leaving but if something happens to my Bondita at least a scratch and if I come to know that you both are behind it I will not at all spare you both." - replied Anirudh in rage

"Bondita, are you listening to me, hang in for few minutes. I will be coming." - uttered Anirudh and left in haste to the village police station.

Meanwhile Bondita heard how her Pati babu fought with those two and barged in the house to find her.

"Pati babu don't worry I am not weak I will surely sneak out from here." - uttered Bondita in her mind

Parvati and Adinath came in the basement.

"What should we do now with this women Parvati?" - Adinath

"Don't worry Adinath, she really gave me shivers and it took me a lot of trouble to lie to her. Now when she knows everything, do you think I will spare her!" - Parvati

"Then what should we do? That Barrister Anirudh will come at any moment with that search warrant. It's not difficult for him to get one as he belongs to a wealthy landlord family." - Adinath

"Don't worry! Until he comes we would've been fleed already. We won't take the main route to Kolkata city, we will take the bridge route on the river across the end of Devipur." - Parvati

"Why will we take that route? Isn't it the longest one?" - Adinath

"Yes, but when Anirudh babu will come with the cops he would surely think that we would take the shortest route." - Parvati

"Wow Parvati, you are amazing! But what about this women isn't she is acting too smart enough" - uttered Adinath looking at concious yet tied up Bondita

"Bring alcohol and those sleeping drugs. Let her sleep in peace till we escape out from the village." - Parvati

"But what will we do of her afterwards?" - asked Adinath

"Slaughter and throw her body in the river. No one would be able to find her body and even if they, until then we would've left the state." - said Parvati and gave an evil smile.

Adinath bought the alcohol bottle and tried to forcefully let Bondita drink but in that hush and push the bottle slipped and broke. Adinath in rage slapped Bondita while Parvati smiled.

"What do you think, my Pati babu would leave you alone? He will hunt you both down and give you a miserable punishment if something happens to me." - uttered Bondita proudly

"I think before killing her we should pull out her tongue. Adinath make sure she drinks a litre bottle and consume those sleeping drugs." - said Parvati in rage and left the room.

While forcing Bondita to drink Adinath said that Bondita should feel lucky that she is married because he doesn't wish to be in physical relation with someone who already had intimate contact with else. This made Bondita more furious.

"You just pray you bast*rd that I won't be spared because if I do, I will make you pay for each and every word you uttered just now." - Bondita

Adinath stuffed the drugs into Bondita's mouth and tied her up again. After he left Bondita knew that Anirudh would surely come to find her and he would surely take the shortest route which Parvati said. To make her Pati babu find her Bondita got up with an idea. She took the broken peice of broken glass bottle nearby and tried to cut the rope with which her hands were tied but the rope was thick enough and Bondita was about to faint so she hurt her index finger with the broken glass peace and wrote "Bridge" on the floor from her tied hand. Although she couldn't see if she wrote correctly or not but she prayed that her Pati babu would be able to find her.

"Durga maa.. please let Pati babu get my message and understand it. Please don't let those two discover that I wrote something on ground. Pati babu... please come... and... save your... Bondita..." - said Bondita and fainted.