Chapter 31: Rohan's Love Confession

Hurt by Anirudh's words, Bondita locked herself in her room and started weeping. When Anirudh heard so he rushed to console her. After eating rasgullas Bondita didn't wish leave any chance to let go Anirudh without irritating him. So she said him to read aloud a political book until she falls asleep. Moreover tired of the long day filled with loads of melodrama she just wished Anirudh to stay beside her for time being. Anirudh too opened the book and started reading it aloud. Within fifteen minutes Bondita fell deep in sleep. Anirudh couldn't stop himself giving a smile looking towards how innocently she had slept. He took the blanket and covered her. He found that the pillow wasn't in place so he delicately lifted Bondita's head and placed the pillow in a comfortable position. When he finished doing so, something just made him stop at that moment. He was very close to her and probably felt peace in the moment when he was glaring at her sleeping comfortably. He gave a smile and delicately moved away the hairs which were hiding his wife's innocent face. Withing no moment he got his senses back, steped away from the bed. When he was taking the back steps away in rush he clashed to the table and the pen stand from the table was about to fall down but luckily he caught it within no moment and also not disturbing Bondita's sleep. When he was putting the fallen pens into the stand again he saw that there were few dairies kept onto the table. Feeling surprised and curious enough he gave a smirk, took one of the diaries and opened it. He just chose any random page and started reading it sitting onto the chair. Withing no moment when he was reading, the smile from his face just vanished as if it never existed. It was the written incident of Valentine's Day, a couple of years back.

It so read -

"14 February, 1930
Today I felt as if I lost everything, my hopes my dreams, my aspirations and my feelings. I lost? Or I was forced to loose them? I thought that I would today write down all my feelings for Pati babu and send it but before my letter could reach him, his letter consisting of the truth of our relation found me. A fact that I couldn't escape from. All these years I was living in my hoax fantasy thinking that if I am married I should love my husband that, we are destined to fall in love with eachother but probably these human customs and traditions are not so worthwhile stating rather just a mandatory law made by the society which I thought was true enough. Pati babu said that he always loved Saudamini, the one who made our lives a living hell. The one whom I thought was my Pati babu's best friend but I was so stupid enough to ignore the fact that they both were in love. It wasn't her, it was me who came between them. I was just a responsibility for my husband. I am just a responsibility for the one who has my heart. Pati babu, I yearn for you so deeply and writting this if so I am crying because its really painful Pati babu. It's painful enough! Although I said that I will support you and accept the truth of our relation but Pati babu what about my heart? What about my feelings? How will I now survive beside you with the fact that your heart won't ever consist me! I hope I could find courage to say to you how much I love you and how much you mean to me, Pati babu."

While reading the letter, Anirudh couldn't help himself but to shread some tears. He instantly closed the diary, replaced it in its position and instantly left the room.

"You are so cruel Anirudh! You are so cruel! Bondita, I am guilty of you. It's not your fault that you love me rather It's my fault that I can't feel the same for you. Probably Kaka said it true, if I can't love you then for your happiness I should let you go." - said Anirudh and left to his study wiping his tears

It was another evening of the next day. Rohan had some work so he didn't come for the practice while Anirudh went to the textile workshop to monitor the work up there. When Kaka came to know that Anirudh went up there he couldn't gulp the fact. Kaka came and sat near Batuk who was now genuinely doing his studies.

"I don't understand what is going in this house!" - Kaka

"What happened Kaka?" - inquired Batuk being busy enough with his books