Chapter 25: Anirudh To Doubt Bondita

After having a better hospitality at Roy Chaudhary Mansion, Rohan realised that he had forgotten his car keys in the hall itself and to get those Anirudh went inside the house. When Anirudh came back with the care keys he was stunned to see a group of people accusing a lady as an "abandoned women" and surprisingly he saw his wife doing nothing but just standing up there allowing the crowd to throw cow dung onto the women. Not able to digest the fact Anirudh rushed to save the women from the furious crowd.

"Stop it! Who are you all to accuse a lady and tag her as an abandoned women? I mean why only a women is called abandoned, not a man? Don't you all think just degrading a women when you worship goddess Durga who is a women!" - said Anirudh furiously to control the crowd

Anirudh was indeed stunned to see Bondita and Rohan's reaction on their faces as if they didn't expected him to take a stand for a women but Anirudh was indeed furious because Bondita who always talks about the rights of women, today didn't come to rescue a women who was ill-treated by the villagers. Anirudh gave a furious look to Bondita and turned towards the fallen women to help her stand. Surprisingly the women Anirudh saved was Saudamini herself. The one who betrayed his trust, the one because of whom his family and his wife had to go through a lot and also the one whom he once adored as a lover and a best friend.

"Saudamini..." - uttered stunned Anirudh

Before Anirudh could withhold the situation up there, someone from the crowd threw a stone on Saudamini which indirectly hit Anirudh on his forehead and the wound was so deepen that it instantly started to bleed. The act of the crowd made Bondita more furious. She went rushing towards Anirudh and bombarded her anger onto the gathered crowd.

"Who dared to hit my Pati babu? How dare someone! Cowards, what do you think by doing this you can escape from this? Do you know who am I? I won't leave you all. Rohan, go to the police station and call the officer just now! How dare someone hit my husband! Did you all forget who you all are? Or did you forget to whom you all are hitting by stones?" - yelled Bondita

Anirudh at a moment felt secured enough when he saw Bondita standing infront of him like a lioness ready to save him from all hurdles but then he saw Rohan up there who was about to leave to call the police officer. Anirudh instantly stopped Rohan.

"No need!" - said Anirudh in strong voice

"Pati babu but..." - uttered concerned Bondita who was about to break into tears

"If by force you could change people's mentality then probably there wouldn't have been revolutionaries up there fighting for the freedom against the britishers. Rohan babu, here is your key you may leave. Bondita go home straight." - uttered Anirudh in a deep confident voice

The crowd already understood that leaving from the scene would be favorable for them as they knew that if they get entangled with Roy Chaudhary's in a negative way then probably them leaving in Tulsipur would be next to impossible. The gathered people started leave but showing their distress and anger towards the barrister couple.

"Pati babu.." - Bondita

"Eek bar bola toh tumhe samajh nahi aata Bondita? (Bondita, don't you get the things once told?) Leave.." - said Anirudh in a strong and furious voice.

Anirudh realised that Bondita had no plans to leave him so he rather left the place with Saudamini holding her hands. Anirudh's gesture indeed broke Bondita to the extreme. Rohan who was indeed watching the whole scene really couldn't see Bondita in such a state. Rohan too furiously was about to stop Anirudh but rather Bondita stopped him instead.

"What were you about to do Rohan?" - inquired Bondita

"Teach your husband how he should be treating his wife!" - replied furious Rohan