Melodrama

"I love you for a million sunrises and sunsets." I felt a tingly sensation when I said those eloquent words, enough to free a thousand dens of butterflies inside my stomach. He smiled at me, a cosmic ray of light in his eyes.

"I love you to the moon, Saturn, and back." After a couple of seconds of staring at me, he finally uttered those words. My ears had been yearning for years. I smiled back.

Our souls stared a little longer until he slowly came closer to me. It felt like time had halted, just like how my world stopped spinning when he said he loved me too.

He closed his eyes and parted his lips, which I eventually did too. I was waiting for our lips to piquantly touch each other and relish the moment. His warm breath was colliding with mine, denoting that he was just a few centimeters away from me when we heard a shout from afar.

"CUT!" the director shouted, clapping his hand in satisfaction.

I opened my eyes and saw Soobin walking away from me, dragging me back to the reality where Soobin and I were shooting for our series.

I saw him marching towards a seat to rest a little, and I followed him.

"You did well, huh?" he said, breaking the silence that was lurking between us.

Now, I found myself sitting besides him. The atmosphere was cold and heavy.

"I love you for a million sunrises and sunsets, Soobin." I repeat, looking at him with my tears slowly accumulating around my eyes. Despite my trembling lips, I simpered widely.

"Yeonjun, if you're rehearsing your line at me, it's done." "It was excellent though. He chuckled placidly and wiped my tears that were slowly falling on my cheeks.

I miss this. I missed your touch on my cheeks when I was crying like this.' I cursed under my breath, welcoming again the nostalgic sensation of his caress.

My voice was shaking. "No, Soobin, you don't understand. I love you. I really do. " When he stopped brushing my cheeks, his expression changed.

"Here we go again. Stop this bullshit, yeonjun! " He roared, but it wasn't loud enough to draw anyone's attention around us.

"We all know I have and love her, right?" Stop this nonsense, Yeonjun. I beg you." This time, his voice became hushed and all I could see through his eyes was pity.

How can I if the name my heart's still shouting for belongs to you? I wish I could be like you. You easily move on. You never know the pain I feel whenever I hear your forged promises every night. " My voice was cracking because of the sobs I'd been hiding after our break-up on a lonely September night, "Did you really love me?"

He was silenced. He froze. He couldn't look at me. Instead, he turned his stare away from me.

"Okay, go back, go back!" I immediately wiped the flood of tears on my cheeks when we heard a signal from the director to go back to the set.

Soobin stood up. He looked at me with a cold gaze and said, "After this project, I'll cut my wires with you."

"Let me go, Yeonjun," he continued.

I had no choice but to accept the fact that I wasn't the one who kissed his cheeks anymore.

I stood up and wiped my tears as if nothing had happened. I faced the staff and cast with a fake smile, which I had been using ever since we broke up.

"Ready?" one of the staff asked me.

"Ready." I said, forcing myself not to cry.

Skyeonbin|paint the sky with your smile.