CHAPTER 7 BETRAYAL

As I woke up, I couldn't help but flinch as I pulled away from the pink duvet. After what felt like an eternity of hesitancy, I eventually exposed my face to the world. The dazzling sunlight seeping through the window had me questioning whether or not I was blind! With drowsy feet, I shuffled out of bed, rubbing my knuckles into my eyes. And boy, was I ready for a good stretch and a loud yawn. But as I reached over to touch the cold off-white carpet, something felt off. Wait, this wasn't my usual room! As I gazed into my surroundings, my mind instantly raced back to that time I had to pretend to be Aaron Knight's married partner. It all made sense now- this was my husband's house. Checking the digital clock on the wall, I came to terms with the fact that it was already 8:50 p.m. Time to embrace the day!

I've been getting a lot of sleep lately, which has given me some time to think. My grandmother always talked about being an ideal wife, and while I never thought it would happen to me, here I am married to someone who doesn't seem to care about anything but his business and wealth. But I'm determined to try and make things work. I want to be the kind of woman my grandmother was for my grandfather, even if my husband doesn't seem to care about me yet. So, I decided to cook a meal for him and try to understand him better. Who knows? Maybe there's another side to him that I haven't seen yet. As I got ready for this dinner, I excitedly tossed my oversized top and shorts into my closet.

Eternity dress

I had donned a cozy cardigan over my lovely white floral dress

I had donned a cozy cardigan over my lovely white floral dress. As I headed out of my room, I noticed a few other maids hard at work. They gave me a warm greeting as soon as they saw me...Making my way to the kitchen, I caught sight of Amy slicing some cucumber."Hey, Amy," I called out."Good morning, Time everlasting sweetie, did you get a good night's rest?" she inquired."Oh, yes, it was great," I replied, taking in the beauty of the kitchen. "What a lovely kitchen this is!"Amy poured me a cup of coffee and said, "Here you go."I took a sip and said, "Thanks, Amy.""So, dear, what would you like for dinner?" asked Amy."Well, right now, I was thinking about cooking up a meal for Aaron when he gets home," I explained."Aaron usually comes home after 11 p.m.," she informed me.That said, we continued chatting and planning out the day, all in a friendly and upbeat manner.

"See ya, Amy! Time for me to shine in the kitchen," I exclaimed with a smirk. "But wait, you'll need my help," she retorted with a sly grin. "Nah, I got this. Just tell me where the spices and supplies are and I'll work my magic," I said confidently, leaning over the kitchen island like a pro chef. I totally ignored Amy once I started imagining what kind of cuisine would impress my husband. I mean, I couldn't think of his favorite food if my life depended on it. So, I decided to whip up Mac and Cheese, spaghetti, a Key Lime Pie, and for dessert, some exotic Indian sweet called Carrot Halwa. I got that recipe from my grandma who knows more about Indian fare than Gordon Ramsay. After finishing the feast and topping off the Carrot Halwa with some crunchy dry fruits, I peeked at the clock feeling like a culinary badass. Oh my, Aaron is on his way and he's known for arriving without notice. I better get ready and head to my room.