chapter three

we arrive at the mall. kenma leads us to the cosplay store. how the hell does he know exactly where it is..?

he goes towards the maid dress section and looks for the perfect one.

"why did you transfer to nekoma?" he asks me while sliding hangers.

"i wasn't completely focusing at home. and morisuke goes there so.."

kenma nods and pulls out a maid dress, cat ears paired with it.

"kenma, i didn't agree to cat ears."

he simply stays silent and walks to the checkout. i hate this.

atsuko and i walk to the cash register

atsuko and i walk to the cash register. she begins to pull out money, but i pay before she can give the money to the worker.

"you two are such a cute couple!" the worker says as she waits for the receipt to print.

"oh, we're n-not a thing." atsuko says while nervously rubbing the back of her neck.

i wouldn't mind being a thing, though. wait, what.

no way the cashier just said that, that's so embarrassing for all three of us

"..here's your receipt! have a good night!"

"you too.." i say while grabbing the bag, heading back to the entrance where my brother was waiting.

"you didn't have to pay." i say to kenma.

"i'm making you wear this. it's the least i can do."

"..thanks."

kenma simply nods in response. the three of us head back to the train station and make our ways home.

when we part paths with kenma, morisuke starts, "so, how did kenma find out?"

"remember how my notifications kept dinging at the table? yeah, they were twitch and i couldn't turn them off for some reason. curse you universe. and kenma, somehow, guessed i was ghostarix and followed me."