chapter twenty one

we arrive at the main lobby. there aren't many people here, thank god. we head over to the breakfast area to be greeted by a waiter.

"good morning to you all! table for.." he does a quick head count. "seven?"

morisuke nods. the waiter nods and grabs menus, then leads us to a large, round table.

"i'll be back shortly for your orders." he places the menus in front of us and goes off to do his own thing.

"can i get cake?" akane questions while looking through the menu.

yamamoto facepalms. "no. you. cant. get. cake. for. breakfast!"

"whyyyy~"

"it's not even on the menu!"

"tch." akane huffs with her arms crossed, turning towards me. she gestures towards me, signaling for me to come down a bit. so i do that, and she whispers in my ear, "can i get cake? or like a muffin~" she side eyes yamamoto.

"the cake, if we go to dinner again. for breakfast, get whatever you'd like~" i whisper back. she happily nods with a smile as the waiter comes back. i get rice, tamagoyaki, and miso soup.

about ten minutes later, the waiter comes back with our food. we thank him as he sets it down.

"i can't wait to drown you, take-chan." akane randomly says as we're eating, making me almost spit out my drink. wow.

"you what?! i'll drown you first."

"nobody is drowning each other! let's just have a peaceful breakfast, okay?" morisuke exclaims, emphasizing the peaceful.

akane and yamamoto glare at each other while eating.

after breakfast, we head back up to the rooms and get dressed to go to the pool. i change into a simple red two piece and put my hair into a messy bun.

"atsuko, is that the only swim suit you brought." morisuke stands at the connecting door way with his hands on his hips.

"yes, mori. there's nothing wrong with it."

"um, yes there is! the top is too revealing!"

"mori, i'm not five.. even mom approved of it."

"no, she didn't!"

"mhm."

"nope."

"yeah."

"ugh." morisuke sighs and goes into the bathroom to get changed.

"atsuko-chaaaaan, you look so pretty!" akane runs into my room, wearing a dark blue one piece with her hair in a low ponytail.

"thanks, akane-chan! you do too~" i pat her head. she giggles and goes back to her room while i go to the middle one, where kenma's sitting on his bed in shorts and a t-shirt, playing on his switch. i'm so stupid, i didn't even think to bring mine.

"kennnmaaa~" i make my way over to his bed and plop down next to him.

"mhm." he responds while still looking down at his switch.

ah- this bitch. i lightly grasp his jaw and make him face me.

his eyes widen as i look into them. "w-what.."

"i didn't get to kiss you today." i move my hand to caress his cheek. he leans in and softly kisses my lips. after pulling away, i kiss his cheek as he goes back to his game, then rest my head on his shoulder, waiting for the others to get ready.

"wow, atsuko~" kuroo comes out of the bathroom and stands at the doorway with crossed arms. i keep my eyes on kenma's switch.

"shut up."

"you look goooood~"

"i said shut up." i throw a pillow at him.

"you-"

"next thing i throw won't be a pillow."

"ugh."

the others eventually get ready and we leave the hotel room, after i put on an oversized shirt because morisuke scolded me.

"take-chan, race me to the pool!" akane exclaims as kuroo closes the hotel room door.

"oh, you're on." yamamoto cracks his knuckles.

"you take the stairs!"

"no, you take them!"

"you!"

"how about you both take them?" lev suggests.

"smart."

akane and yamamoto get in position to run.

"if we get kicked out, i blaming you four." morisuke deadpans.

"okay, what did i do?" i cross my arms.

"what did i do?!" lev looks at morisuke like he's crazy.

he points to lev. "you helped them and you.." he points to me and sighs. "you're just you."

"okay, that's not fair."

"someone count down!" akane exclaims. kuroo decides to countdown for them. aaaaaand.. they're gone. the rest of us head to the elevator to meet the others downstairs.

"who do you think will win?" kuroo questions.

"my moneys on akane." i say as i press the lobby button in the elevator.

"wanna bet?"

"gladly."

"ive got ten on tora."

"then i've got ten on akane."

kuroo holds his hand out to me. ehhh.. i grab his index finger and shake it, then wipe my hand on my shirt.

"oh, come on. my hands aren't dirty."

"i don't know that."

kuroo scoffs as the elevator door opens. akane zooms past us, running towards the indoor pool.

"well, well, well." i look to kuroo with a smug smile.

"ugh. i'll give you the money when we go back up."

i stick my tongue out at him as we continue to the pool.

a group of four boys are about to jump in the pool as we enter, but stop after hearing the door open

a group of four boys are about to jump in the pool as we enter, but stop after hearing the door open. they all make eye contact with me. great. i ignore their gazes and go over to the towel rack with the others, each of us grabbing a towel before heading over to the seats.

"those dudes totally like what they see~" kuroo nudges me with his elbow after taking off his shirt.

"good for them." i get up from my seat and slide my shirt off, revealing the red two piece. kuroo, lev, yamamoto and akane jump into the pool while i contemplate going in or not. mm.. yeah. i go over to the deep end and sit on the edge, lightly kicking my feet in the water. one of the other boys swims over to me and rests crosses his arms on the edge of the pool, looking deeply into my eyes.

"can i help you." i scoot a bit over. he lightly chuckles.