chapter seven

"i said can i do your hair?"

kenma thinks for a few seconds before slowly nodding with a sigh.

kenma's hair is the perfect length for this style.

"ok, sit on the floor."

he gets off the bench and sits on the floor between my legs. i take out two un-used hair ties from my bag and put them around my wrist. i run my fingers through kenma's hair. it's surprisingly really soft.

"why do you want to do my hair, atsuko."

"hm, i don't know- to make up for you clutching onto me this morning."

"don't tell anyone about that."

"aw, why not."

"it's embarrassing."

"tch." i put his hair up into two ponytails, leaving the back out. he stands up and looks at me, unamused.

"they fit you perfectly!"

"shut up."

"kyanma, your hair!" yamamoto exclaims as he runs into the gym. kenma quicks takes out the hair ties and throws them onto the bench.

"hey! i took time on those."

"atsuko-chan, do my hair too!" lev exclaims after yamamoto, also running into the gym, coming to the bench.

"will you keep it in during practice-?" i narrow my eyes up to the tall first year. lev frantically nods and sits down in between my legs.

"see, kenma. lev is appreciative unlike you~"

his hairs much shorter than kenma's, so i brush the front up with my fingers and make a small ponytail on top of his head.

"so cute!"

"thank you, atsuko-chan!" lev says while patting my head. i give him a small smile as he runs onto the court.

practice ends and i get up from the bench, about to leave, forgetting about my "date" with kuroo.

"hey, chibi-chan~"

"oh, come on. i'm not that short."

"to me you are. let's head to the arcade now~"

"okay, i'll let mori know."

i walk over to morisuke, who's standing outside the gymnasium doors.

"mori-chan~ i'm going to the arcade with kuroo."

he puts his hands on my shoulders. "do i need to come with you?"

"what? no."

he narrows his eyes. "okay. keep your phone on!"

"yeah, yeah. see you later."

"kuroo, you better not try anything!" morisuke exclaims as he walks away. kuroo leads the way to the arcade.

we arrive to the large arcade, games lined along the floors. my eyes sparkle while looking at the purple roof lights. kuroo buys us both wristbands and a bunch of tokens. i thank him and we head off to the games.

"ooh, ooh! kuroo, verse me!" i drag him by his wrist to skeeball.

"prepare to lose." he cracks his knuckles.

"i should be telling you that." i glare at him.

we play the game. i end up winning by a long shot. "hmm, what did i say?"

"next game."

i stick my tongue out at him while he goes to the next game.

we play a bunch of games, hence the massive amount of tokens he bought. kuroo gives me all of his tickets.

"what's this for?"

"i don't need them."

"you don't want a prize~?"

"nah."

"whatever you say." we walk over to the prize counter. i look around before looking up at the large, hanging plushies. a particular one catches my eye.

"can i get that one?" i point to the excessively large snorlax. the worker nods and grabs the plushie.

"thanks!"

"you sound very familiar.. do you stream by any chance?"

what the hell?

"..stream? nah." i shake my head as i struggle to grasp onto the snorlax.

the worker nods and bids us farewell. as we're walking out of the arcade kuroo starts, "let me hold that for you, it's atleast twice your size."

"i got it, don't worry."

he takes the plushie from me anyway. i cross my arms as we walk to the train station.

kuroo walks with me back to my house, handing me the snorlax back.

"goodnight, chibi-chan~"

"night, kuroo."

"aw, still no nickname."

i roll my eyes as he walks away. thank god it's the weekend.

"atsuko-chan, you're back!" i hear morisuke's voice come closer and closer to the front door as i take off my shoes.

"look." i hold the snorlax out to him.

"that's so cute! wait- did kuroo get this for you?"

"well, yes and no? he gave me his tickets."

"did he try anything?!"

"no! even if he did, i don't like him like that."

"hmm." morisuke narrows his eyes at me. "alright. come on, dinners just about ready!"

i nod and head up to my room first to place the new snorlax on my bed.

i eat dinner with morisuke and our mother before i can relax for the rest of the weekend, planning to curl up into a ball on my bed and watch anime all day.

i go back up to my room after finishing dinner and hop into my gaming chair. i don't really feel like playing games today. maybe i could just.. stream? yeah. i go onto twitch, start a stream and wait for fans to join.

"hey, phantoms." i start. "um, i won't be playing any games tonight. i was thinking of doing a q&a because i know you all have burning questions for me. i'll let the comments roll in for like two minutes and randomly pick a few to answer." i mute my mic as they start to type questions.

two minutes pass and i unmute. i scroll along the massive amount of comments.

"i'll show you guys my screen so you know i'm not picking and choosing." i share my screen on my monitor and continue scrolling. "alright, first question is.."

'what's your favorite switch game?' - rexxx

"rex- with three x's. i'd say my favorite switch game is definitely super smash bros. next question."

'if you could bring one anime character into the real world, who would it be and why?' - yoonbumsleftankle

i giggle at the username. "yoonbumsleftankle. if i could bring one anime character into the real world it'd probably be.. levi ackerman. i love him."

'do you plan on doing a face reveal anytime soon?' - denkikaminaristan

"denkikaminaristan. i haven't thought of doing a face reveal. yet. but definitely in the future."

'I LOVE YOU MY QUEEN' - iluvghost

"aww, iluvghost. i love you too!"

i go through a bunch more comments.

"alright, phantoms. that was pretty enjoyable. i hope you got what you wanted out of me. if you'd like me to do this again, please let me know. ghostarix signing off."

i end my stream and sulk in my chair. it honestly was pretty nice to not play for once. i get up from my chair and change into some comfortable clothes before heading to bed. i cuddle with the snorlax as i doze off.