chapter five

i took kenma's advice and got rest, causing me to wake up at 3am. note to self: never take kenma's advice again. i might as well get up then.

i go into the bathroom and splash cold water on my face. i go downstairs - after grabbing my phone from my room - to eat something. i find leftovers from dinner and put them in the microwave.

i head back up to my room with my plate of food and go on my phone. kenma texted me ten minutes ago? why is he up?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

kenma

i guess you took my advice

shut up. why are you awake

i'm always up at this time

shouldn't you be getting rest for volleyball

i should but i'm not

and why's that

i wanna play games

i-
you're hypocritical, telling me to get rest

i don't need rest

mhm.

wanna play with me

sure what game?

cod

kk give me five

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

i put my phone down as i finish my food. i go back downstairs to wash my plate.

as i'm closing my room door after coming back upstairs, my phone buzzes. what is kenma facetiming me for? either way, i pick up.

"what?"

"you said give you five and i did."

"i didn't know you were gonna call." i sit at my gaming chair and put on my headphones, propping my phone on the stand.

"add me on cod."

"kodzuken?" i look at my phone. kenma nods and i go onto call of duty to add him.

we play cod for hours, until about 6am. kenma's started talking a bit more so it wasn't like i was talking to myself. i leave the game and shut off my pc.

as i'm about to hang up the call, kenma blurts, "wait, atsuko."

"hm?"

"stay on the phone."

"okay.." i don't why he wants to stay on the phone, but it's not like i have no reason not to comply. i grab my phone and go into my bathroom. i place it on counter and begin to brush my teeth. i look down to my phone to see kenma's eyes fixated on me.

"shouldn't you be getting ready?" i sleepily ask, making kenma avert his gaze from me and gets up from his chair to get ready.

i finish putting on my uniform and head downstairs after hanging up the call with kenma. i eat breakfast with my family and morisuke and i head to the train station.