chapter eight

the next morning, i get startled by my phone ringing, causing me to fall of my bed.

"fuck!" i exclaim, then quickly cover my mouth. oops.

"atsuko?" morisuke questions with worry from outside my bedroom door.

"i'm alright!" i get up off the floor and sit on my bed. now, who thee fuck is calling me at this time- oh it's 1pm. okay- kenma?! and a facetime at that. what could he possibly want.

i call him back. he quickly answers and i give him an unamused look.

"you're awake."

"yeah, thanks to you."

"what are you doing today."

"not sure. why?"

"some of the volleyball players are going to the mall. kuroo said i have to go because i stay home too much.. do you want to come-?"

"sure, what time?"

"in an hour."

"an hour?! why didn't you call me earlier?" i speed walk towards the bathroom with my phone still in my hand.

"i called you at twelve."

"no you didn't."

"check your missed calls."

"i don't have the time for that. i'll see you there." i hang up the phone and get ready. wait, why didn't morisuke tell me that he was going to the mall? i let out a deep sigh and fix my hair.

i get dressed, throwing on an oversized sweater and baggy jeans, pairing it with chucks before heading downstairs.

- time skip -

we arrive at the mall entrance to be greeted by kenma, kuroo, yamamoto, and lev. i greet them and we head inside.

"hey, chibi-chan~" kuroo pops up next to me.

"tch. hi kuroo."

"i'm surprised you tagged along~"

"i'm only here because i want to go to the manga store. and that's where we're going first." i cross my arms.

"aw, you little otaku~" kuroo pats my head.

"please never speak again."

"what're you going to the manga store for." kenma asks from the other side of me. bro, what.

"manga.."

"well, obviously. which one."

"killing stalking."

"atsuko. what." kenma's eyes widen.

"kidding! i'm kidding. maybe yarichi-"

kenma puts a hand over my mouth. "don't say another word."