chapter nineteen

"welcome to the golden grill! do you have a reservation with us on this lovely night?" the waitress greets us with a welcoming smile, while also gazing at kuroo for a few seconds and turning pink.

"yes, it should be under the name yaku morisuke." morisuke replies.

thank god he made a reservation because i sure as hell didn't know you had to.

"yaku morisuke.. ah! the booth, correct?"

"mhm."

"alright, follow me!" the waitress grabs seven menus and leads us to a large booth in the back. we thank her as we sit down. akane insisted on sitting next to me, so i'm seated on the end with her on my right.

"i want cake!" akane exclaims. did she just-

"akane-chan, you haven't even ordered yet and you're already requesting cake?" yamamoto looks at her from across the table likes she's crazy.

"uh, yeah?"

i let out a giggle as she rants on about how cake is superior.

"can i take your orders?" a young waiter comes to our table, gazing at me in the process with a smirk. he takes everyone else's orders before getting to me. "and for the lovely girl?"

"don't call me that."

"why not?"

i sigh and give him my order. he takes it and writes something else down after saying he'll be back. he rips off a piece of paper and puts it in front of me.

how typical, his number.

i look up to him and smile while grabbing the paper.

"thanks for the kind gesture, but i have a boyfriend." in between words, i rip the paper into shreds right in front of his face. kuroo and yamamoto try their hardest to keep in their laughs as the waiter sulks to the back of the restaurant.

"now that was funny." morisuke chuckles.

"bro, kenma. you need to step up and protect your girl! or i might try to steal her next~" kuroo puts a hand on kenma's back.

i put a hand over my mouth in shock.

about fifteen minutes later, the waiter comes back with seven dishes. i got chicken tenders and fries because.. i'm just built like that. breed = different.

"now can i get cake?" akane asks right as she finishes eating.

"no, it's getting late! and, i don't want to waste any more of yaku's money." yamamoto slightly scolds her.

"it's alright, i can pay." i say as i wipe my hands on a napkin. akane squeals and wraps her arms around my neck, thanking me a million times.

"how the hell do you have money? aren't you only a second year?" yamamoto questions in confusion.

"aren't you as well?"

"fair enough."

"i was wondering too! i mean.. i'm sure the hotel was expensive, it's so close to downtown." lev says with slight worry in his voice. okay atsuko, make something up or they'll think you've committed a robbery, maybe arson.

"..i have a job."

"what-" yamamoto starts, but kuroo puts a hand over his mouth.

"just accept the kind gesture, tora." kuroo looks at me with a 'you're welcome' expression.

for once, i'm glad kuroo's here. that would've been an awkward conversation. we call the waiter back over. each of us end up getting dessert, how splendid.

"this is bad, akane-chan will most likely be bouncing off the walls." yamamoto puts his head in his hands.

"you sure? i'm convinced she's the sweetest angel~" i pat akane's head.

yamamoto's jaw drops. "angel?! she's the spawn of satan!"

"no, i'm not!" akane throws a cherry at yamamoto's forehead. she's ruthless, holy shit. i hold in my laugh as best i can while her and yamamoto bicker back and forth.

the waiter comes back one last time to get the payment, after cleaning up our plates. i pull my credit card out of my pocket. "put the desserts cost on here, please."

he nods and takes my card to the back.

he comes back shortly and returns my card to me. "soo, atsuko. who's this boyfriend you speak of?"

i look at the waiter, unamused. i then point to kenma. the waiter's jaw drops.

"ight, imma head out. have a nice night." he walks away in embarrassment.

"well, let's get going." i slide out of the booth and stand in front of the table. the rest of them get up and we start heading back to the hotel.

"i'm tiiiired." akane groans while sulking down the sidewalk.

yamamoto let's out a deep sigh before letting her on his back. aw, big brother moment. that's cute.

upon arriving back to the hotel, we all change into sleep attire to prepare for bed. everyone's currently in their rooms, not sure if they're sleeping though.

i don't know why, but i just can't sleep. morisuke's quietly snoring away, though.

hm.

i get up from my bed and make my way to the connecting doors. i quietly open it, not wanting to wake anyone up. turns out kenma's up, not surprising. he sits up in his bed as i walk over to him.

"what's wrong."

"can't sleep."

"..me neither."

i crawl onto his bed and sit next to him, laying my head on his shoulder. he lets out a soft sigh as he rests his head on mine.

"want to.. stay here." kenma quietly asks. i positively hum in response. kenma takes his head off mine and gets off the bed, fixing the blanket. he lays down again as i'm still sitting up.

"okay, what's wrong now." kenma props his arm on the bed and sits up again. i look down to his lips, then quickly back up to his eyes and lean closer to him, cupping his face in my hands.

"can i kiss you?"

"you don't have to ask."

a small smile grows on my face as i press my lips against his. he puts his hand on the back of my head, deepening the kiss.

"get a room, you two!" kuroo quietly exclaims from the other bed. seriously, dude. kenma quickly pulls away and snaps his head to kuroo. i give kuroo the finger.

"go to sleep." i frown.

"you go to sleep." kuroo turns around on his bed. kenma lets out a sigh, looking back to me.

"we should go to sleep."

i nod and lay down. kenma lays next to me, my chest against his. he wraps his arms around me.

"goodnight, kodzuken."

"kodzuken?"

"mhm."

"goodnight, ghostarix."