chapter twenty five

i look up to see mikosu, from the pool.

"funny seeing you here." he says while looking at my paper.

"not really." i finish the logo drawing.

"see, i was wondering. could i get your number?" mikosu holds his phone out to me after opening the contacts app. i look up to him, unamused.

"really."

mikosu nods.

"no." i look around to see where kenma is. still counting the lights.

"i'm not trying to get with you or anything, i'm not like yuji."

"fine." i take mikosu's phone from his hand and type in my phone number.

"what're you doing." kenma pops up next to me and looks at mikosu's phone, then me, with furrowed eyebrows.

"he said he wanted to-" i start before kenma snatches the phone out of my hands and starts tapping the phone. i-

"what're you doing?" mikosu questions.

"i don't care who you are, or what you want with my girlfriend, but you're not getting her number."

"i've already said this so many times, i don't want her."

"i don't care." kenma grabs mikosu's hand and puts the phone back. "don't talk to her again."

"kenm-"

kenma grabs my wrist and begins to pull me away. i grab the scavenger hunt list before he brings me over to the elevator. i shake out of his grasp as we make it to the doors.

"kenma, what's wrong?" i question in worry.

"i already told you i don't like seeing you with other boys."

"kenma, mikosu-"

"atsuko, are you not listening to what i'm saying?" kenma cups my face in both of his hands.

"i am. if you'd let me ta-"

"no, you're not comprehending."

"and you're not letting me finish."

kenma sighs and retrieves his hands. "..go on."

"thank you. now, mikosu said he has no intention trying to get with me."

"that's what they all say." kenma mutters.

"kenma, i'm really not trying to.. argue about this. i would never leave you for anyone else."

"are you sure?"

i get up on my tiptoes a bit and wrap my arms around kenma's neck, placing my head on his shoulder. he snakes his arms around my waist.

"i'm sure." i turn my head and kiss kenma's jawline. he pulls away from the hug.

"can we go back up to the rooms."

i look at the list. "no, we still have to count the seats in the dining area and see how many feet the pool goes to."

"the pool goes to 8, i looked at it earlier."

"alright, then let's hurry up and count the chairs because i really don't wanna lose."

kenma nods and we head over to the dining area. he counts the chairs on one side while i do the other. we put our totals together and write it down before heading back up to the room.

arriving back to the fourth floor, kuroo and yamamoto are on the other side of the hallway. oh hell no.

"kenma, we've gotta run."

"atsuko, what."

"you heard me." i grab kenma's wrist and run with him to the hotel room. kuroo and yamamoto do the same, so i pick up the speed.

"atsuko-chan, you're not winning!" kuroo exclaims. oh really? kenma and i make it to the door before the other two and knock.

"we just did." i stick my tongue out to kuroo.

"damn it, i told you we should've took that elevator!" yamamoto facepalms. morisuke finally opens the door as akane and lev return as well.

"who won?" morisuke questions after we all sit down on the bed.

"yours truly." i say with a fake smile.

"i'm surprised." morisuke grabs our lists to check them.

"i'm not, those two are smart!" lev exclaims.

"see, lev understands." i look to morisuke.

"well, you two win, i guess." morisuke says while putting the papers in a stack and folding them up.

"as we should." i hold a hand up to kenma. he completes the high five with a small smile.

"now, for the losers~" morisuke says with a devious smirk. "let's go down to the pool!"

the four losers deeply groan. i let out a little laugh as we head over to the elevator and down to the pool.

"do i have to, mori-chan?" akane whimpers with puppy dog eyes.

"mhm." morisuke looks away with crossed arms, to not be tempted by akane's puppy dog eyes.

"let's just.. get on with this." kuroo says with his head in his hands. morisuke counts down. on one, they all jump into the pool. that must suck. after jumping in, they quickly get out and make their way to the towel rack.

"how was the water~?" i tease kuroo as he makes his way to me.

"you really wanna know?" he opens his arms and comes over to me faster.

"kuroo, no." i walk towards him and slip under his arm, then continue towards the exit of the pool. guess who's about to come in the pool.

"heyyy, atsuko~" the words slowly roll off of yuji's tongue.

"no." i brush past him and continue to the elevator.

"aw, come on!"

"do you not understand no?" kenma questions from behind me. i stop in my tracks and turn around to see kenma very close to yuji. i sigh and walk over to the two.

"woah, calm down buddy."

"answer my question."

"dude, i was just saying hi to-"

kenma forcefully slaps yuji across his cheek, leaving a red hand print. holy shit. i grab kenma's arm and pull him away, towards the elevator while the others are still at the pool area.

"what was that all about?" i question while pushing the button to call the elevator.

"i don't like him."

"okay, but that's not a reason to slap him."

"if i didn't, he'd keep going after you."

"even if he did come after me, i don't want him. i've told you this already." we step into the elevator. i lean against the wall of the elevator while kenma stands next to me.

"still, i wanted to let him know that he should listen the first time."

"kenma-" i start.

kenma stands in front of me, his arms on either side of me as he looks deeply into my eyes.