chapter fifteen

i plop into my gaming chair, as always, and pull my phone off of my bedside table.

i stream until dinner time, my mother returning from her business trip.

- time skip -

the next morning, i wake up from a text notification. ugh, why is school a thing. i don't even went to- oh, kenna texted. i unlock my phone and open the text.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

kenma

come to morning practice today.

wow, so no "good morning" or "morning my wonderful atsuko-chan~"

wonderful is an overstatement.

hey!

kidding, morning.

morning to you too. why do you want me to come to practice?

so i can see you.

aw you miss me

yes, i do. now get ready. kuroo made me come to school early.

lol sucks to be you

shut up.

it's all love

get ready.

fine.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

i smile at my phone screen then shut it off and going to do my morning routine.

morisuke and i eat breakfast before heading to school.

i spot kenma taking off his track jacket at the bench. i run over to him with the little energy i have and jump on his back, wrapping my arms around his neck. "hi."

he quickly clutches onto my legs. "a-atsuko, don't scare me like that."

"sorry." i hop off his back.

he turns around and blankly looks down at me.

"what?" i slightly tilt my head.

he hesitates, then plants a soft kiss on my forehead.

"can't even lie, that's was so cute." i hear morisuke say behind us. i quickly turn my head around to see him with his arms crossed.

"mori-chan, stop embarrassing me." i slap his arm.

"kenma and atsuko, sitting in a-"

"shut up!" i pinch his ear like our mother would when we were younger.

"ow, ow, ow, ow!" he puts his hand on mine and tries to pry it off. i eventually let go. "don't do that!"

"that's what you get." i walk over to the bench and sit down to watch their practice.

practice eventually ends and i get up from the bench, kenma coming towards me.