chapter nine

i wake up to morisuke frantically shaking me.

"atsuko-chan! atsuko!"

i groan in response and rub my eyes.

"the boys from the mall are here for a sleepover because mom is away for the weekend, change your clothes!"

"what's wrong with my clothes."

"it's not sleepover attire!"

"it's your sleepover, not mine."

"kenma's here~"

"what difference does that make."

"aren't you guys like besties?"

"no..?"

"oh well, get into better clothes and come downstairs. we're gonna play some games~"

"whatever, get out."

morisuke gets out of my room and i make my way to my closet. i'm only changing because he said they're playing games. i change into gray sweats and a cropped tank top. i run my fingers through my hair before checking my phone. oh, it's 4:30pm. okay. i only slept for like an hour until a certain someone disturbed me. i slip my phone into my pocket before going downstairs.

"oh, i'm surprised you actually came down!" morisuke exclaims.

"you said something about games. so yeah." i sit down on the couch in between kuroo and lev.

"we're playing truth or dare first." kuroo says as he wraps an arm around me. i forcefully hit his hand, making him retrieve it.

"who's going first?" i question, honestly not wanting to play. i thought morisuke meant like.. games on the switch.

"wait, wait, wait. we need rules." morisuke crosses his arms.

"if you pick dare, you have to go through with it." kuroo states.

"fine by me." morisuke narrows his eyes at kuroo.

"okay, so who's going first?" lev questions.

"i'll go. kuroo, truth or dare." i say, mischief piling up inside of me.

"dare~"

"perfect. i'll be right back." i get up from the couch and go into the kitchen. i take the hot sauce out of the fridge and pour some onto a spoon. he wanted to pick dare so quickly? his loss. i go back to the living room and stand in front of kuroo.

"here's your dare."

"this is a piece of cake, chibi-chan."

"you can't drink anything for five minutes."

"fine. by. me~" kuroo puts the spoon in his mouth. i know he's dying inside, but doesn't wanna show it. he pulls the, now empty, spoon out of his mouth and sticks his tongue out to show us he consumed the hot sauce. his face slowly turns red.

"i'll go next!" yamamoto exclaims. "kenma."

kenma side eyes yamamoto while still looking down at his phone before letting out a sigh. "truth."

"do you have a crush~?"

kenma stiffens as yamamoto says that. hm, i'm curious too.