Anthem

~Weeks Later~

Fingertips graze my skin, I moan when I feel their teeth nip at my neck. "Good morning." Salem whispers once I flutter my eyes open. His green eyes are outlined with black and his hair is neatly done. "Good morning Salem." I smile and blush when he kisses my cheek and let's his lips stay awhile longer against my skin. "So beautiful." Salem mutters and locks eyes with me, I bite my lip and peck his lips. "Get dressed and go do your necessities. I'll go make breakfast." Salem smiles and pecks my lips before getting out of bed. He's wearing a blood red long sleeve with lettering on it, black shredded skinny jeans, and skull vans, his usual chains, and studded belts as well. I watch as he was walks out and I roll out of bed myself. I sigh heavily and trudge on into the bathroom, where I do my business and get out with my hair neatly brushed, teeth clean, and some waterline eyeliner on.

Strolling into my room and closet, I pull on a pair of ripped and splattered with white black skinny jeans, a Drop Dead long sleeve, white studded belt, chains, and quickly do I fix my spiky collar and angelbite piercings. I smile at myself when I see the hickeys on my neck fading, Salem will probably do more later on. I just know it. I bite my lip and walk downstairs, the smell of food makes my stomach churn. Today I finally start school, I'm so nervous. "Salem..." I whisper as I see my backpack and binders on the counter top. "Yes Kitten?" Salem whispers as he takes a pan out of the oven. "I'm scared." I whisper and sit down in the high chair, I take my phone out of my pocket and set it on the table. "Don't be Owen." Salem says as he sets a plate of blue berry muffins on the table. Salem has taught me the alphabet, and basic math, as well as reading. He got me a tutor who was a very nice Old lady. "But what if people don't like me? What if their mean?"

Salem sighs and bites into his muffin as I pick at mine. "Kitten, don't worry about them. If their mean, you text me and I'll make it all better." Salem smiles and pecks my nose when he leans in. I blush madly and feel my heart sky rocket. "Now eat so I can take you. Text me when you can just don't get caught or the teacher will take it up." Salem sits beside me and kisses my hair, I nod and start eating as he strokes my hair. "Will I be the only Neko there?" I whisper, Salem shrugs. "Most Neko's are slaves who aren't treated the way I treat you. So them getting an education would be unreal, but who knows? Maybe they'll be Neko's there." Salem reassures me and runs his hand down my back when he finishes eating his muffin. I blush and duck my head once I finish eating. "Let's go." Salem whispers and gets my backpack for me and picks me up. I grab my phone before he carries me away.

We reach the school grounds fairly quickly. Teenagers around my age are walking into school, others sneakily smoking behind the school, and some kissing each other. I whimper and grip Salem's hand. "Owen you'll be okay. We've already come to see were your classes are more then once so you won't get lost." Salem whispers, we've come to the school when people weren't around so I could remember my classes. "And you have your phone, you know how to text and call me. Do it when you can or if it's an emergency. Owen, you're going to be awesome. Don't stress." Salem smiles and leans in, his hand cups the side of my face and brings me closer to him. I breathe in when I feel his lips press against mine. I moan softly and grip on the front of his shirt as the kiss becomes hot. His tongue piercing rubs against my tongue causing me to feel bliss.

We pull apart with the smack of our lips, I smile and so does he. "Have a good day at school, I'll come pick you up later Owen. Take care and be safe. If anyone says anything bad to you, or you're having a bad day, you text me." Salem whispers and kisses my lips passionately once more, I smile and tug at his lip piercing before I pull away. "Okay Salem, I'll see
You later." I smile and sling my backpack on my shoulder before I get out of the car, and start walking to the school. My collar doesn't ring because Salem took the bell off, only during school though so it's not a distraction. He said he'll put it back on after school. I feel queasy and awkward. Stares make me uncomfortable. I shudder and walk into the building, where I go straight to my locker to get my books for my first class. I clutch my backpack straps as I make my way down the hall. People laugh, shout, and are being teenagers all around me.