E I G H T E E N: I صدفة جمعتني بالي احبه

XVIII • A Coincidence Bought me Together with the one That I Love

••••••••••••••••••

SAMA

"Ugh! My feet are Killing me" was the first thing Al-Reem said when we got home from the Wedding
"Same" Amal added I walked in and I headed upstairs only to see Mum crying.
"Mama are you okay?"
"Yeah.." she quickly wiped her eyes and she smiled
"It's okay to cry"
"I keep saying that I want you all to get married and all, I want you All to be Happy, but the idea of not having you around is a little hard for me to digest"
"Well then I won't get married and I'll stay with you"
"Oh No!! Didn't say that... you don't know maybe it'll happen sooner than you know"
I looked at my hands as I'm trying not to smile, Her index finger lifted my chin and my eyes met mums Widened ones "oh Sama" I tried to stand up and she pulled me back down "oh no missy you're not going anywhere.. before you explain yourself I noticed that there is something different about you but I couldn't put my finger around it!!" I took a deep breath and I held her hand "how about this... we both change and you meet me back at my room and I'll tell you everything" it was time to tell her everything I can't keep on Lying especially not to my parents "so you admit that there is something?" I didn't say anything I just stood up and headed to the door "we'll talk about it all I promise" and I walk out.
I looked at myself In the mirror after removing my makeup and taking a quick shower, I couldn't help but see what everyone was saying about me, I smiled as I quickly put on my pajamas and I walked out only to find mum sitting on my bed, I made us some Coffee and I sat next to her.
"Okay tell me what's going on?"
"Well I.. I don't know how to start i"
"Just start from the beginning... how about that?"
"Okay so I met Someone and He wants to ask For My Hand in Marriage"
"Oh!"
"Yes Oh!"
"Okay he seems to be serious about you... but habibti who is he? What's his name? Do we Know him? His Family? What does he do for a living? What if he's a bad person? And let's not forget Your Father and Brothers opinion on this suitor?"
"His name is Hamdan"
"Ghaya's Son??"
"Who's Ghaya?"
"Oh never mind.. who is it then?"
I just couldn't talk anymore, I picked up my phone and I opened a picture of him then I gave it to her she wore her glasses and she held it back up "Mimi this is sheikh Hamdan you said his name is..." she dropped my phone "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Sama this isn't funny"
"We umm"
"The guy who you met and wants to ask for your hand in marriage is THE sheikh Hamdan? THE CROWN PRINCE?"
I took a sip of my latte and I sat up.
"You Explain yourself Young Lady! How did you get evolved with him"
"Mama don't get angry Please"
"Who said anything about being angry, I'm just Surprised"
"I am too"
"Tell me everything"
And I told her everything leaving out a few details..
"Well that sounds Lovely, but Sama How will his Family react? Do they Know? And I thought that they don't marry outside the family? And let's not forget about the Fact that he's a Sheikh"
"I had those Doubts! But he told me not worry and that he talked to his parents and he'll soon meet up with Baba"
"If he's the reason behind that Beautiful smile then I have nothing else to say but May allah Complete you Both Happiness"
"So is that a yes?"
"We'll have to wait and see what your Father would Say and your Brothers too, but if you're asking for my answer then It's Yes..."
"Thank you Thank you " I said hugging her
"I'm sure he's a good man But... I still have to meet him first.."
"We we'll see what happens after they meet baba"
"Yes let's wait till then!" I cuddled closer to her and she started to stroke my hair, without knowing I fell asleep a few minutes later.

•••••••••••••••

The Next Day