𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 | '𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗲𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻'

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Spencer caught up to JJ and Fallon outside the conference room, laughing softly as the detective scrambled to take the seat next to Hotch.

"Looks like you've got some competition." Spencer whispered as the three of them walked in together.

Fallon grinned at Aaron as she seated herself opposite him, JJ and Spencer flanking her sides.

"I wouldn't call it a competition when I've already won." She whispered, only so that Spencer could hear her.

"So you're his girlfriend now?" Spencer retorted.

Fallon rolled her eyes, "Whatever. I still play to win Spence. You should know that by now."

Spencer chuckled as he turned his attention back to the team, Fallon doing the same thing. The smiles were wiped off their faces when they saw the pictures on the board. Fallon immediately looked over to Penelope, who had her hands shielding her eyes as she presented.

"Two couples in Miami were murdered. The first one happened two weeks ago, the next a week after. Cause of death was, uh—" Penelope paused and gulped, "—the removal of their heads." She finished shakily, her face an ash white and her cheeks void of her usual pink colour.

Fallon could see that Penelope was going to throw up at any moment, so she stood up and grabbed the pointer from the technical analysts shaking hands. The team watched as she went to stand next to Aaron, in Penelope's previous place and glanced over the file for a second.

"Thank you my love." Penelope whispered and vacated the room.

Fallon nodded, turning back to her team.

"After their heads were removed, the bodies were displayed on the dining room table in the couples house. The heads have yet to be found." She carried on from where Penelope left off.

Emily frowned as she looked over the pictures, "What's more important to this unsub? Displaying the bodies, or keeping the heads?"

Hotch's face never changed as he too looked over the crime scene photos, but Fallon could see the agitation in his eyes.

"That's what we need to find out. Wheels up in thirty." He said, placing the file down and looking at the team.

Fallon nodded and leaned over his shoulder to place the remote on the table, not missing the way he craned his neck to look up at her, or the way his breathing deepened against the crook of her neck.

Fallon appeared to be unfazed as she felt his hot breath fanning her neck, stepping back in a few seconds and then joining Morgan as they walked out of the room.