𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗰𝗵

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Fallon had been discharged from the hospital four days after she was admitted with a bag full of prenatal vitamins and a whole bunch of other crazy doctor requests she wasn't sure she was going to follow. Her, along with Charlie, had been able to go home. But Carter was still being kept for observation as his infection cleared, but Fallon made sure to visit him whenever she could when she was there.

When she told him and Charlie about the baby when the two of them were visiting Carter, they cried. Like full on, tears streaming down their face, happy crying. But now, she was leaving him in the hospital and going home. Fallon wasn't very happy about that.

"Hey sweetheart." Aaron's voice filled her ear as she pressed her phone to her ear.

Him and the team had left for a case in Boston the day before, and she was missing him so much.

"Hey baby." Fallon smiled as she saw her dad walking towards her and waved at him. "I miss you."

"I miss you too, my love. Excited to go home?"

"Very. And see Jack." Fallon replied, sporting a big grin as she hugged her dad in greeting and he took the little carry on Emily had helped Aaron pack for her. "I gotta go now baby, but I'll call you later if you're not busy."

"Okay. I'll see you when we get back, yeah?"

"Yeah." She grinned and ended the call.

Fallon slipped her phone into her handbag and focused on her dad, who was walking beside her.

"Hey papa." She looped her arm through his as the two of them walked out to the car that was waiting for the both of them.

"Hey princess." He gave her a kiss on her head as the both of them stopped outside the car. "How are you feeling?" He asked as he opened the door for Fallon.

Once they were settled in the car, she turned her head to meet his eyes. "Better. My arm kind of hurts, but I did get stabbed, so."

Lance chuckled. "Well yes, that is true. Who is this Jack I keep hearing about."

Fallon grew silent, "He's Aaron's son...from his ex-wife."

Lance nodded, "Ah yes, I read about what happened. What a terrible thing."

Fallon frowned. "It reminds me of mom, sometimes."

Lance nodded sadly, taking his daughters hand in his and squeezing tightly. They never really talked about their mother. She'd died when Fallon and Carter were younger. In fact, Fallon was only four when she died, so she didn't remember much. But she could remember the feeling of it having her mother around anymore, and she often wondered if Jack ever felt that way.

Even though he probably didn't remember the late Haley Brooks, like how Fallon didn't really remember her mother—Alex Angelle. Her father didn't talk about her and Carter was also much too young to remember anything of substance.