𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 | 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"They're here." Fallon told Ruby and the kids.

She waited by the front door as Aaron ran up the steps of the house, Carter trailing after him since he'd come around the same time.

The team were behind the two, having all come to make sure everyone was okay and safe and so that they could question the victims—when they were ready.

Fallon ushered everyone in.

"Hey." Aaron pulled Fallon in for a hug as soon as the door was closed. "You okay?" He whispered, pressing a kiss to her neck as he sunk his face into the crook of her neck.

Fallon nodded, "Mhm." She mumbled as she hugged him back.

He rubbed her shoulders and smiled down at her before they both turned to the team.

"The family—" they spoke at the same time, grinning as they looked at each other.

"Man, that's creepy." Carter shivered dramatically.

"The family is up in the sitting room." Fallon spoke. "Ruby is being pretty helpful, so I think she'll be fine with the questions. Carter, the kids are in Angel's room. You sure you're okay with taking them?"

"Of course, having my favorite niece and nephew coming to stay is pretty exciting. Especially since dad is flying down tomorrow." Carter spoke, his tone sheepish and apologetic.

Aaron lifted an eyebrow as he let the team pass and then looked over at Carter. "And why exactly would Lance be coming down three weeks earlier than he was supposed to?

Carter scratched the back of his head awkwardly, "He may have...gotten wind of what was happening over here."

"I wonder who told him that." Fallon mused as the three of them walked up.

Carter chuckled nervously as they walked up, veering off to the nursery whilst Aaron and Fallon joined the team with the family of Michael Ellis.

"Michael. Have you found him?" Ruby asked hopefully, cradling Katy in her arms as Toby clutched onto her leg.

Aaron cleared his throat, "Mrs Ellis. Would you please sit down." He said softly, waiting as she sat and then sitting next to her.

"Mrs Ellis, I'm so sorry. Your husbands body was found two hours ago." Aaron broke the news to her.

"No." Ruby whispered. "No please. You're lying." She cried. "You're lying."

Fallon could tell that she was holding it in for her kids, but she watched as that hopeful light died in her eyes and the light smile on her lips vanished from her face. She noticed how her hold tightened on Katy and now her body relaxed and she sunk into the couch.