𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲 | '𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗺 𝗶 𝗮 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗲?'

tw: mentions of nausea, throwing up and dry heaving.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"About?" Fallon asked indignantly, folding her arms in front of her as she watched Hanson square her shoulders.

"Can I come in?"

Fallon could see the menacing glint in Hanson's eyes—she wasn't very good at masking her emotions.

"No." Fallon replied stiffly. "You can say what you need to say right here."

Hanson glanced around, taking in the silent hallway and the dull lighting of the old fashioned sconces displayed on the walls.

"Fine. I wanted to ask whether you and Agent Hotchner are a—a thing." Hanson's voice grew softer towards the end, almost hesitant to know the answer.

Fallon quirked an eyebrow. She so badly wanted to tell Hanson that they were in a relationship, but it wouldn't benefit her or Aaron right now, so she refrained.

"Not at all." Fallon replied curtly, she was a very convincing liar—not that it would take much to convince Hanson.

Hanson furrowed her brows. "Then why is it that every time I speak or present something to do with the case, you have something to say afterwards that completely discredits what I said?"

Fallon narrowed her eyes at Hanson's accusatory tone—was she daft? Did she not know what being a profiler meant?

"What are you talking about?" Fallon asked, knowing full well what she was talking about but hoping she'd realize how dumb she sounded and stop talking.

"Today after you presented the victimology! That had nothing to do with our unsub and I knew it, but you made it sound like I was the dumbest person in the room." Hanson replied, growing angrier by the second.

"Agent Hanson, victimology is the key to finding the unsub. Without knowing how or why they choose their victims, we wouldn't be able to profile them and, in turn, find them." Fallon said irritably. "Your comment did actually sound incredibly small minded and I'm sorry if that offends you, but you're on a team with the best profilers in the bureau and your actions have so far displayed how unappreciative you are of that."

"Don't give me that HR crap. I've heard it all before." Hanson scowled. "You have had it out for me since I joined, I know you have. Just so you know, I don't care."

Fallon scoffed, "Yeah, that's why you're at my hotel room door accusing me of belittling you instead of getting some rest so we can work on the case tomorrow. And what does this have to do with Hotch anyway?"

Hanson took a deep breath, feeling incredibly annoyed. "I do not know whether you've noticed but Agent Hotchner and I have somewhat of a special bond." Fallon had to clench her fists to keep from laughing as Hanson grew starry eyed. "And I feel like we might have something. You are not helping his opinion of me by making all those comments.