𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 | 𝗰𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘂𝗽 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Hey Angel." He helped her sit up. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I just got shot." She croaked out, a playful smile on her face.

Aaron rolled his eyes, "I don't know how you still have time for jokes." His eyes softened as he gazed down at her, a bright smile on her pretty face. "But seriously Fallon. How are you feeling."

Fallon's face scrunched up before she replied."Well, sad that I couldn't help Lyle. Irritated because I have to take mandatory leave when we get back and extremely happy that your face was the first one I saw when I woke up."

Aaron chuckled, "Thank you for being honest." He leaned over and pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead, his held still sitting tightly in hers.

Fallon smiled up at him, admiring the way his messy hair fell in his eyes, or the way his dimples deepened as he smiled. Everything about him just screamed everything she wanted. She wanted him.

"Aaron." She said softly, catching his attention.

His face grew from happy to worried in less than a second with her tone. His mind spiraled from the different soups he was going to make her when they got back, to whether she was ending things.

Oh god he hopes she doesn't end things. He's the happiest he'd been in a long with with Fallon. Aaron didn't want things to be over.

"I want to grow old with you."

Aaron blinked. So she wasn't breaking up with him?

I want to grow old with you. Aaron felt his chest constrict, his heart filling with what could only be described as the immeasurable love for another.

"I want to be seated in a rocking chair, my back hunched and knitting my second jersey of the week. And I want you next to me, grumbling about how it's too hot to wear jerseys while you begrudgingly take the next one I make and wear it proudly for the day." She laughed. "I want to grow old with you Aaron. If you'll let me."

Aaron stayed silent as he leaned over to her and captured her lips in a kiss. It was sweet, passionate, loving. She hadn't experienced all three things in a kiss with him — until now.

"I'd like that too. But first we gotta start with you being my girlfriend." He mumbled as he pressed her forehead against his.

Fallon grinned up at him. "Girlfriend?" He nodded. "Okay, boyfriend."

Aaron chuckled as she gave him another kiss, this one a little longer than the last.

Fallon looked up at him"So it's official. You're my—"

"—boyfriend." She said.

"—girlfriend." He said at the same time as her.

She giggled as he nuzzled his nose into her cheek, feeling ecstatic. The excitement was numbing the pain of her arm, and for that, she was thankful — that and the painkillers. But they were wearing off and she could feel it.