21

Y/n POV :

Y/n POV :

Sunday was spent with me trying my best to apologise to Niki. He was,"mad scared", in his words that I hadn't come home. He even spent the whole night wandering across the streets to look for me, or even to find someone to help him.

That of course ended up in me getting angry at him for leaving the house that late. We both got furious at each other, but then I apologised and so did he ... over a shared chocolate cake I stole from the cafe.

If only that could be the case between Jungkook and me.

The night before school, I checked my phone. I had done something that I probably shouldn't have, but I did anyways. I had recorded the scream fest I had with Jungkook in his car the other night. I caught him crying his eyes out.

The only reason I recorded him was because I was scared that when he pulled over to the side of the road, he was about to do something horrible to me. I felt like I had no choice. I could have made the decision to delete that video, but something stopped me. That video of him made me realise that ... even Jungkook is human. Even though he acts like he isn't.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Monday.
Back to school.
Act like nothing ever happened.

I didn't even have time to process the usual dirty looks and comments that came my way, as I was too busy trying to ignore Taehyung.

He kept texting me, so I blocked his number. Every time he turned around in his seat to look at me and smile, I made sure to keep a straight face. He tried to create chances for himself to bump into me just so I would say something to him.

I kept this up for about three days, until it seemed like he had finally had it with me. I saw a side of him that I didn't expect to. As I casually stood beside my locker, I felt a shudder above me. There was a set of hands resting on the locker besides each side of my face. I tried to turn around but stopped at his deep and serious tone,"Don't turn around. Just listen to me carefully. Come to the place after school. I'll be waiting."

I watched Taehyung walk away with his friends. But I didn't miss the judgmental look that came my way from Jungkook.

So I did as I was told. I had my already broken reputation at stake. Once school ended, I made my way through the empty halls until I had found the place behind the gym.
It was still beautiful as ever. However this time, the sun wasn't so bright.

I saw a nervous Taehyung sitting on the bench, biting his nails. I took a loud and careless step to make my presence known. He immediately looked at me and cleared his throat,"Come here."

I took small steps and stood in front of him. Folding my arms, I scowled looking down at him,"What?"

He squinted as he looked at me,"Nothing. It's just- have you been avoiding me?"