56

Taehyung POV

I was almost there. Almost to the hospital. I really hoped Jungkook got my message. I really hoped she was okay.

The taxi stopped, and I got out while paying the driver. I ran across the pavement and looked at the hospital. It was so large, she could be anywhere.
She needed me. I needed to get to y/n.

I stopped for a second as thunder boomed loudly in the sky. No rain, just the black sky and thunder. Consequently, I looked up at the sky in aww.

That's when something caught my eye. A girl at the top of the building. She was on the edge, and it was dangerous. I couldn't see clearly since she was so high in the sky.

But my heart dropped. She was wearing our school uniform. Her legs were wrapped in bandages. And her hair ... was short. Just like y/n.

I didn't even have time to process it. She suddenly let her body loose and fell backwards. But something stopped her. A young boy, who I couldn't see had stepped up on the ledge and caught her in time.

But it was the wrong move.

There was no balance. I watched as he stood there and held her in his arms for the last few seconds.

They fell.

It was only a few seconds. They fell through the sky and in the next second, they lay on the concrete ground.

Right outside the hospital.

Right in front of me.

Dark blood spilled out from underneath their bodies and spread into the small cracks in the floor. It wouldn't stop. It kept spilling, like there was no end.

I remember exactly how they lay in front of me. With the girl on her back. Her face looked to the side. I couldn't see her properly, with all the blood on her.

On top of her, laid the boy. He was turned onto his stomach and had his arm around her. It was horrible. It was devastating.

I was sure I stood there frozen in my spot for ten minutes, not sure of what to do. I was calm. I was breathing normally.

Until I decided to bend down and turn the boy around. I clawed my hands underneath his torso and gently turned him over on his stomach.

I stood in between the two bodies. And I screamed into the air. I broke down as soon as I saw the dead bodies of my best friend and my girlfriend.

3rd person POV

There they laid. Dead. Y/n and Jungkook.

Taehyung fell to the floor and scurried over to them. He bent down and pressed his ear against their chests to see if they were breathing. They weren't. There was no life. Nothing.

He cried and sobbed as he picked up y/n and dragged her limping and lifeless body into his lap. Taehyung wrapped his arms around her shoulders and cradled her in his arms as he sobbed.

"Y/n?"

No answer.

He cradled her more and let his tears fall onto her face.
"Y/n wake up. I'm here."

No answer.

Bending over, he cupped Jungkook's face and cried so hard his body rocked back and forth.
"No no no. Jungkook. Jungkook. Wake up. Both of you wake up!"

There was a crowd forming slowly, as people approached. He didn't care. All he wanted was for them both to wake up. All he wanted was for this to be a dream. A nightmare he could wake up from.

Y/n lay in his lap, and he felt the dead weight on his legs. Holding her like a baby, he cupped her face and brought his face down as he sobbed, trying to breath.

Taehyung rested his forehead on hers and closed his eyes harshly.

Any moment now .. he would wake up.

But he didn't. He cried and cried as his tears fell onto y/n's pale skin and mixed with her tears. So much pain. So much agony.

He bent down and kissed her lips. But she didn't kiss him back. All he wanted was for her to kiss him back. He felt the way the warmth faded away from her lips and turned ice cold.

He whispered to her,"Y/n ... y/n I love you. Wake up y/n. Please. I need you ... y/n."

He hugged her dead body and cried into her shoulder. Her head fell limp to the side, just like her arms. For the first time .. she didn't hug him back.

Taehyung wanted to stay as close as possible to the both of them. He pulled Jungkook's lifeless body and hugged him with his other arm.

As he stared into both of their death stricken, bloodshot eyes, he screamed out in agony, in such pain. It sounded horrid, and terrorised. People walking by started to tear up listening to his pain. Taehyung screamed at the both of them while his voice painfully broke,"Why did you do it?! Why?! Come back to me! Please!"

He sounded estranged as he sobbed loudly one second, but in the next he muffled his own cries. Instead his body rocked vigorously as he tried to contain his emotions, trying to convince himself this was all a bad dream.

He whispered to y/n with a forced smile on his face,"Y/n let's go? Huh? Let's go get some ice cream, and walk around town .. how about that my butterfly? You can ride on my back this time, and I'll ride you around to anywhere you want. You just have to get up right now. For me? .. "

She didn't move.

"Y/n why aren't you waking up? Y/n?"

His smile faltered as he saw his tears fall down and meet her dark blood. It all stirred together to look a little more red, and that's when it hit him. He shushed himself and looked into y/n's wide open eyes.

Was this some kind of sick game? Was the universe playing some miserable game with him?

The way her eyes were positioned, it looked like she was staring right at him. As if she were staring right at taehyung, in death, and saying,"This is all your fault. I'm dead because of you. You couldn't save me."

He let out a choked sob and brought her face up right next to his. As time went on, he became drenched in his two best friends thick blood, while he sobbed harder and harder.

As he pulled Jungkook closer to himself, he couldn't help but caress his cold, soul-less skin. Even Jungkook's big dark eyes stared at nothing in particular. Maybe the night sky. Not that he could see anymore.

Taehyung jerked his body as he felt startled. Jungkook was gone, for sure. Yet, while he stared into his eyes, a single tear from each eye began rolling down. How was it possible, for a person to feel so much pain, and anger in their life, that once they died, they were still in pain.

It broke Taehyung to think that even after death, his brother wasn't at peace. Even after death, he cried.

How could this happen?

"Jungkook come on. We've been best friends for years. You can't just leave me like this."

He was crying like a child now. Groaning out in pain as he covered himself in the blood of his two best friends.

It was horrible. A scene that if you walked by, and you didn't know their story .. you'd feel devastated as is.

But you know the story ... you know what they meant to each other.

The image was sick. Three teenagers lying in one another's arms. Two dead, and one alive. All that radiated from them was pain. Pain from the two who killed them selves. Pain from the one who had to suffer the consequences.

This was the end.

"Wake up."

🦋🦋🦋🦋